Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Vanilla Drone Spawning...Today is not Yesterday

Discussion in 'General' started by Spaceman Spiff, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Some time ago I enhanced the SPRT Raiding Outpost and Raiding Station, while leaving the spawning antennas alone, for use in various survival maps that I've created over time. The original SPRT Raiding Outpost would spawn SPRT Assailant drones when you got within 15 km of the outpost, and the original SPRT Raiding Station would spawn SPRT Incisor and, occasionally, SPRT Exterminator drones (weren't those the good 'ole days!?!) when you got within 10 km of the station. Now you've got to be a lot closer...a lot closer...for the drones to spawn (less than 5 km by my estimate). Although the outpost still spawns Assailant drones (the new variety), they seem to wander around aimlessly or head off into deep space (yes, I have ingames scripts active); I have to poke at them with a stick to get them to play. The stations now spawn V2 gunships, which is fine, and make for a dandy survival challenge because they're all over you like ugly on a gorilla. The downside is you have to be pretty close to get them to come out to play.

Is there a way to get those guys to trigger at distances like before? Or is it just the way it is now?

2. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

The antennae distance in the prefab determines the distance at which the NPC grid will detect you and spawn a drone. So you'd have to overwrite the vanilla prefabs with a mod with the antennae settings changed from 5km to 15km or whatever your preference is. The antennae has to be "ON" but broadcasting is optional. Which means less screen clutter if you have multiple pirate antennas set to different radii