Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

vanishing pistons

Discussion in 'Survival' started by osusoy, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. osusoy Trainee Engineer

hi all, had the weirdest problem yesterday, hope someone knows how to prevent this happening:

i had a large ship with a couple of solar panel arrays positioned by rotors and pistons. went to visit a friends base about 80K away and on my return found the pistons missing?! it doesn't look like an accident as they don't appear to be destroyed; the solar panels are exactly where they were when they were attached to the pistons, the pistons just aren't there any more, no other impact on anything and no debris (it is a crowded area).

this has sort of ruined the game for me as i was in survival mode and they were very large solar arrays that would take hours to repair... doable but hard to get motivated if they will disappear again next time i go on exploration.

any ideas?

2. mexmer Senior Engineer

only one adviced, don't build pistons in MP or on DS, they are bugged as hell. i almost destroyed my platform, when building "elevator" on MP.

when i was solo, it was working fine. then friend logged on, and my elevator started shaking, i was clipping trough floor (including died), and midway it exploded and trashed part of platform.

done it few times, including build wall around from heavy blocks, then even blast door blocks (since heavy just didn't block any damage), blast door blocks didn't prevent exploding of piston, or elevator cabin on it, but at least prevented further damage to platform.

after few tries i decided to give up on piston in MP/DS, only using them, when playing solo.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.