Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Very Laggy Trees

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by thesidofevil, Mar 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. thesidofevil Trainee Engineer

While Playing i started in the plains map but when i went close to a tree my fps dropped from around 30 - 40 FPS to about 11 - 18 anyway i could fix this?

2. waterlimon Senior Engineer

I have the same issue, FPS drops to half near trees.

I dont think you can fix it in any way (I tried modifying graphics settings etc. but no effect)

3. thesidofevil Trainee Engineer

i know my fps is at that solid same with the lowest settings and the highest

4. Namdoolb Apprentice Engineer

Just out of curiosity what are your system specs?

I have the same sort of issue with trees, and I assumed it was because I was pretty close to the minimum specs for the game (my gpu is technically just below minimum, but supports dx11 so I'm ok).

5. thesidofevil Trainee Engineer

Ram: 8 gigabytes

3.50 GHz i3

64 bit

Intel HD 4400

Game runs 27 fps on high settings and low settings i don't see any changes when the settings are different

6. thesidofevil Trainee Engineer

1 terabyte memory

7. thesidofevil Trainee Engineer

8. Namdoolb Apprentice Engineer

Yeah, those specs are not too dissimilar to mine.

I think it's just that the trees are one of the more demanding (graphically) things in the game engine and they're just asking a little bit more than your graphics card is comfortable with.

I'm planning on upgrading my graphics card in the near future, just as soon as I can get the system transplanted into a new case. (current case doesn't have the space to support any halfway decent graphics card and can't mount a power supply that'll run one either.

9. thesidofevil Trainee Engineer

OMG thats exactly whats happened to mine i cant fit in a new power supply and cant support anything that takes up more that 180 watts

10. Namdoolb Apprentice Engineer

I gather it's a fairly common problem with these new slimline pc's (which I made the mistake of buying over a full-size one). I'm guessing your pc is about the same size as mine.

Most of my specs are fairly respectable;
    i5 @ 3.1ghz
    8 gb ram
    64 bit windows 8.1
    1 terrabyte storage

But the graphics card is a measly Nvidia Geforce Gt620 which can just about cope with ME.

Unfortunately because of the case, the Pc can only take a single slot card at half-width, and the PSU will only run up to 220W.

11. waterlimon Senior Engineer

Im using radeon hd 6870, get around 16-24 FPS around trees depending on graphics settings. 40+ if I get farther from trees (go to a mountain or such), but having lots of structures can bring it down still

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.