Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[Visual Scripting] Can you get player's cause of death (player who killed and weapon used)

Discussion in 'Visual Scripting' started by 666Savior, Mar 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. 666Savior Apprentice Engineer

Is there a way to get cause of death on a player using the visual scripting. I've looked a bit through the nodes and couldn't find anything but i'm willing to bet i've missed something.

Currently my script only detects if someone dies and what team they were on and counts accordingly. The problem with this is if someone suicides it gives the point to the other team and i would like to prevent that.

I had another question relating to this but i have forgotten it, will edit once i remember.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

I can already see a server have a feature like that telling everyone how you died.

-deaths to gravity-
    Forcedminer learned the what gravity is the hard way....
    Forcedminer learned became the apple.....
    Forcedminer ran out of hydrogen..

but i can imagine you're looking for something like
    Forcedminer (blue) died to (red) teams gattling gun built by PLAYER from a distance of "X"m's

3. 666Savior Apprentice Engineer

Pretty much. I know there is a way via modding to get the cause of death, i just want a vanilla way.

4. Drakon Apprentice Engineer

Hi,
    there is currently no way to get death cause or last damage type. But it seems like reasonable addition so we can add it. Probably as a new event which will provide more information.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.