Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[Visual Scripting] Research List

Discussion in 'Visual Scripting' started by Duckroll, Nov 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Duckroll Trainee Engineer

So I did some experimenting with this tonight. I found that calling ResearchListAddItem makes something prohibited to players, I managed to disable the refinery. I also got PlayerResearchUnlock to make it appear again when walking over a trigger. This has some interesting potential for missions unlocking tech.

However, I tried every other method I could get my hands on, including PlayerResearchLock, but couldn't take the refinery back out again after I had unlocked it. :( Anyone know how?

2. Drakon Apprentice Engineer

Hi,
    PlayerResearchLock should remove already researched item for given player. If it does not work then there is some error: either in your script or in our code. Can you send or show your script that handles this?

3. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

ohhhh i can already imagine how awesome this feature could be when used with missions.

wake up from cryogenic sleep
    have a bunch of soundblocks around with AI style voices directing a player to do something and gather parts.
    then tell them to build such and such to continue and at that point the AI mentions "blueprints upload complete." or "blueprints module online."
    allowing a player to build only the item the AI allows.

4. Duckroll Trainee Engineer

Hi, I moved off the visual scripting tool to Visual Studio instead last weekend and my visual script was a mess from trying out every function, however I tested all the research methods via the MyVisualScriptLogicProvider API today and am unable to reproduce now. I was able to lock/unlock the research repeatedly and over a save game and it seemed to be fine. There may still be a bug in the visual scripting tool itself somewhere or I was just using it very wrong - but it was strange that I could disable and re-enable it once then not be able to disable again later.

I intend to use the research list in a scenario I am making, so I will keep an eye out in future for strange behavior.

5. Drakon Apprentice Engineer

Yeah, it is possible that there is some problem with the tool. If there is it will be fixed next time we will update visual scripting in Develop (since it works on our current version).

6. Duckroll Trainee Engineer

We found a bug in stable:

If you have an item in your toolbar, you can build it even if the research is locked for you. Players often start with things in their toolbar so this makes adding some research pointless

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.