Discussion in 'Visual Scripting' started by PhoenixTheSage, Nov 2, 2016.
Also, just for time reference, when is the next VS update supposed to go live?
It should be live inside the next 2-3 weeks
Would it be possible to have more shapes than a sphere for trigger in the F11 menu? Rectangles or Cubes would be nice, for certain applications
Possible yes, but highly unlikely we can get around to implementing it at this time, sorry mate!
no worries, i understand a lot of this stuff is low priority compared to optimizing and fixing the game. More of a wishlist for the future if anything
dont know if it was already mentioned here.
It would be nice to set the suit, a player is wearing. Would be a nice RPG addition, to change suit on some Events, like a mining suit before a mining mission or selecting a suit for 3 different approaches to win a Scenario (Fight, Stealth, Hacking)
The functionality is currently used in medbay.
I'm glad to see a few of the functions suggested here got added in to the scripting tools and I thought I'd suggest a couple more:
1. GetBlueprintDisplayName() and SetBlueprintDisplayName() - would work alongside CreateLocalBlueprint and SpawnLocalBlueprint and output the string of a local blueprint's display name and allow it to be read/modified.
2. An improved SpawnLocalBlueprint() - as I pointed out here, the SpawnLocalBlueprint function has trouble with subgrids, even ones that are rotor- or piston- locked. Having functions that worked as well as regular copy-paste does currently would be really helpful when working with more detailed ships.
New request based off recent work:
GetColorVector3 : Exact same function as GetColor except it outputs vector3 color data
Request if not already possible.
I want to make it possible for players to select ships from their blueprints list in one campaign level, and make those the ships available in the spawn menu on the next level.
I don't know if it's currently possible, but from my efforts I don't believe so.
i am realy interested in knowing if the VST is still suported and will be improved, Drakon is a while away from forum.
If yes and somebody comes back, this would be helpfull for me:
- time, a way to track time from x to y
- gravity direction to spawn things relatively to others positions
- next position on planet/voxel (on the ground to spawn bots/Player/grids
- if night? at position x on planets
- according to SpawnBot, give a way to set them to attack, runaway, .....
Separate names with a comma.