Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[Visual Scripting Tool] More nodes for multiplayer focused scripts

Discussion in 'Visual Scripting' started by 666Savior, Feb 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. 666Savior Apprentice Engineer

Over the past week i've been working a lot with the visual scripting tool attempting to make some classic multiplayer game modes. One of the issues i run into is that there are very few nodes that deal with updating all players in the match. There is a get online players which outputs a list but that forces you to make large sections to update everyone in the match. There is notification wise a "ShowNotificationToAll" node that does as the name says, shows a notification to everyone in the world. I would like to suggest the following additional nodes that are in a similar mindset:

"AddQuestlogDetailToAll" - Adds a quest detail to everyone who has an active quest log, maybe have an option for all players or all players in a faction for use in faction based quests

"SetQuestlogToAll" - Sets the same quest log to everyone in game

"ReplaceQuestlogDetailForAll" - Replace quest log detail for everyone in the match

or as possibly simpler alternative, allow all of the notification and questlog and player inventory and toolbar nodes to directly accept the list put out by the "GetOnlinePlayers" node and have the nodes update everyone in the game in that case.

there are probably others i am forgetting but the ones listed would be a great start.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.