Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Visual Scripting VRageEditor in ME?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by phundio, Aug 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. phundio Trainee Engineer

Hi forum,

I just got bit by the Keen Engineer bug, haven't decided which game to start with first. Does Medieval Engineers have the same VRageEditor Visual Scripting features mentioned here for SE: https://forum.keenswh.com/threads/update-01-157-dev-visual-scripting.7388209/page-2

Also, if wanting to do a full game mod (i have also sent email about licensing), is that still done with Space Engineer source code on github?

Thanks for your time.
    --- Automerge ---
    I ended up buying the game to find out. For anyone else wondering...yes it is there, SteamApps\common\MedievalEngineersModSDK\Tools\VRageEditor\Bin64

...you get 2 plugins AnimationController and Model. I checked those boxes in VRageTools tab and then got more tabs. The 2 of interest for Visual Scripting are Animation State Machines and Animation Tree. I have not tested them as it seems I first need to load a model, or something. When I click New State it says "cannot add state, no state machine is selected." I have to assume this means null on entity/gameobject. I then try to click State Machines + button right, thinking it might be like layers, and get bellow error, with Exception Text below the pic. Anyways, my main concern was that visual coding was started. Going to look at SE now, see how they compare. Where's me wallet?
    [​IMG]

************** Exception Text **************
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at AnimationControllerPlugin.WindowAnimationStateMachine.btnAddStateMachine_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.