Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

(VOTE) Weather FOR Removing or hard nerfing

Discussion in 'General' started by SapphireWeapon, Jun 30, 2020.

?

soultion

1. remove weather all of it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. nerf it to 1000% (realy rare wealther Is good = 1 weather random effect at 24 of real tiem hours

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. make it optional for everypley, not only for server admins (at least visible part)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SapphireWeapon Trainee Engineer

yes, weather, especialy lightning and fogs and sand storm is a BIG sh*t it happens TOO often, realy makes game very uncofortable to play. and lightning anoying kills and destroys vital elements of buildings nad crafts, you add lightning, but no protection from it?

we didnt asked weather, that bugged and brutal, where no protection

more con
    wind affects wind generators to work unstable (low and fast)
    more con
    rain is REALY long and buggy and has no clouds, so you dont know when you get stroke

containers, tanks, survival kits, winhd generators, action parts - drills(at your official srrver we cant bluprint action parts, so crans are f*cked up and need to rebuild again) this all destroyd, I coudnt even repeir it fast and If I repeir, I die and thunder has splash damaging MORE buildings

OFFCICIAL SERVERS ESPECIALY

please vote for a solution:
    1.) remove weather all of it.
    2.) nerf it to 1000% (realy rare wealther Is good = 1 weather random effect at 24 of real tiem hours
    3.) make it optional for everypley, not only for server admins (at least visible part)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Yeoman Apprentice Engineer

I think it just needs to be toned down so that clear skies are the norm. Also, decoy blocks act like lightning rods just so you know.

3. May Rears Apprentice Engineer

Apparently there has been a hotfix to calm it down a bit. As for decoy blocks, that is indeed true as long as you can survive long enough to get to the point where you can build them. That might be possible now though after the hotfix.

4. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I've been playing a survival game since the new update with weather first came out. I dropped onto the Earthlike planet in the standard respawn pod, had all the "Assertive" NPCs active, and wolves, of course, active (I love game NPCS; they're great critters for loot). I also included an extra couple hundred mags for my rifle just to even things up a bit. I immediately went underground as protection from the NPCs which had the added benefit of protection from the lightning. I survived. I would just wait out the lightning storms from the safety of my man cave.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dabombinable Trainee Engineer

^My number one strategy in survival games that let me dig - always works.

6. j2redlive Trainee Engineer

I didn't cast a vote as I LOVE THE WEATHER - BUT IT NEEDS IMPROVEMENT
    --- Automerge ---
    Particularly with surface water textures for realistic feel

7. Malware Master Engineer

It's already optional everywhere though :)

[​IMG]

8. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Way to go, Captain Obvious! (Or maybe not so obvious to many players.)

9. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

You realize that if you put some armor blocks above your stuff the lightning will strike there instead of your important blocks. They can be any type of block really, not even built out but just placed. Used to do that with meteors.

10. Malware Master Engineer

Look at the final vote option ;)

11. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Yeah, I saw that. And that's why not voting is a choice, too.

12. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

You shouldn't be able to override an admins game settings because you don't like them. Set-up and pay for your own server and you can change the weather experience as much as you like. As far as the voting options, how can you get a fair evaluation without offering the "it's fine as it is"?

13. R-TEAM Junior Engineer

..... have it already modded to my liking .........