Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Voxels from a parallel universe?

Discussion in 'General' started by Xelo, Apr 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Xelo Trainee Engineer

I don't know where to post this, because I could not find a section for bug reports. So I'm sorry if this is the wrong subforum for this.

This circular mining rig (large ship grid) may be slow but worked pretty well.... until a rock from a parallel universe appeared directly inside my drilling head. This happened several times before on other locations and I'm very annoyed by this bug. I play in Survival on a Single Player Campaign. The sim speed drops down horribly if this happens, the game was running pretty nice and stable until then. I installed some mods, but only some blocks similar to the catwalks you can see in the video. Used Version of SE: 1.190, but this happened in 1.189 as well. This issue happens also with a complete different circular mining rig (as a large grid station, not a ship) as well. The used world is approx. 2 years old.
    Sometimes the materialized voxels can be drilled away (either by hand or a small miner), sometimes not. Sometimes if I remove the very last piece of it, it will sometimes re-materialize again to cause much more havoc. The drilling site is then lost.

Is there any way to prevent such issues?
    Thank you

Edit:
    Tried to move this thread to the support section.
    Is there really a second account necessary for this? Why can't I use the forum's account for this. I'm sorry guys, but I'm too lazy right now and not willing to create another second account.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  2. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

You have now entered...the twilight zone! (Queue scary music.)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Xelo Trainee Engineer

This issue has been fixed in v1.190.1

Thank you very much!
    Thank you, thank you, thank you :)

4. Calaban Junior Engineer

i saw one of those on a moon base in a keen official server right after the major update wipe, same shape and everything. If we drilled it away, it simply popped back into existence at some point.

Only after many, many many large grid rockets were thrown into it and all the surrounding area (and then about 400 more rockets for good measure) was that abomination removed.. as is only proper.

Pet theories abound on what they are, and what alternate dimension that come from.... but now that alternate universes are on the table... maybe the Refinery Tailing dimension is full, and overflowing back into ours.

The Refineries we operate seem to have wormholes to this alternate dimension, where all the waste material after refining raw ore goes off to.. in case you ever wondered how 30,000kg of platinum ore refines into 3.3kg of ingots.. and where all that other mass went....

5. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I've always wondered about the tailings, and I came to the same conclusion that the refineries ship them to an alternate reality.

6. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

It all goes to the same alternate universe where we get the carbon to turn iron into steel.

It's a inter-universal trade agreement.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.