Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

WARNING! - Do not drink and click this at the same time!

Discussion in 'General' started by Typo91, Nov 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Typo91 Trainee Engineer

[​IMG]

I just made this... because sure, its a lot better, but dont try making ANYTHING with wheels, you're gona have a bad time....

So yea, I've been away from space engineers for about 7months.... came back because "MAJOR PHYSICS OVERHAUL"

Because, we've all been lured back before because "ITs FIXED"

I want this game to work, because its truly gona be great if they every get it working!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Malware Master Engineer

Looks to me like this is multiplayer, which they clearly stated this update was not about...
    --- Automerge ---

I stand corrected. It is not so clearly stated, you have to click yourself in to Marek's blog...

--- Automerge ---
    Also, by the way, your issue there is not physics but desync. My guess would be high ping or poor sim-speed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Roxette Senior Engineer

And therein lies one of the main deficiencies of Keen - they are terrible at communicating or presenting information to the users in a coherent and consistent way. It's more like a disorganized but well-meaning group of programmers working on a project, occasionally throwing their own views and ideas of where their part of the project is heading... There are so many different places now where bits of information are spread, there is no simple way for anyone outside and perhaps even inside the organization to see what is going on.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

[​IMG]
    wheels seem to be broken even worse after this overhaul. wheels popping off in single player and doing this in multiplayer if it is.
    the update was clearly not about wheels guess i'll wait longer.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  5. REDSHEILD Junior Engineer

I presume that the wheel overhaul is next. I would not be surprised if they wanted to get the physics overhaul out first so that they could analyze its performance in situ and use that data to contribute to the wheel overhaul.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

I did see someone somewhere on the forum mentioning the next major is to focus on voxel.
    maybe by extension wheels might get some love. :)
    I enjoy Rovers alot and so far my experiences are that
    in general the turning and hand breaking feels like the only thing that needs to be touched. as they're slow and sluggish to respond.
    wheels do tend to stagger left and right while accelerating obviously getting worse the higher the power level...locking a gyroscope in override..erm...did work if that feature is still there for gyroscopes.
    some people have said the gyroscopes cause problems....but really i'd much rather have gyroscopes then have no air/ground control.
    I remember wheels before. ^^ they were basically the song "Initial D - Deja Vu" then they started to noclip for a brief moment with the voxel which caused them to sink into the ground for a moment...this issue fixed itself but by that point you'd be going say 80 m/s inside voxel so the game would treat it as a crash.

7. Typo91 Trainee Engineer

I guess cup holders on that rover are a bad idea

8. Killtech Trainee Engineer

hmm, is it possible to harness the kinetic energy the wheels in the gif produce to build a phantom force generator?
    from the rapid rover movement i'd say it should suffice to power a lot of refineries.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.