Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

WARNING: Render is overloaded

Discussion in 'Survival' started by Cassey, Jan 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Cassey Apprentice Engineer

Finally did it!

Took a 43x43 mining platform and an asteroid of about that size, but am generating the above message.

Guessing this will pass once I'm through the asteroid?

Any settings I can change to help the poor thing?

Cassey

ps. I have set the games rendering down from the max setting to normal. Huge difference in performance. May try going to the middle setting to see if that gets me through this rock.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2015
  2. Cassey Apprentice Engineer

"Normal" setting got me further, about 3/4s of the way through the asteroid, then weird stuff happens (speed goes massively negative, other weird stuff) as the ship slowly self-destructs. Not sure if the self destruct is causing the rendering failure or if its the other way around.

btw: at 21% of a hyper-threaded enabled 6-core I7 and using 3.2GB of memory

3. MegaMiner Junior Engineer

would help if we could turn off drill smoke.

4. Cassey Apprentice Engineer

I THINK the problem was related to my drills getting crushed between engine force and what I recently learned was ore hardness - hit a patch of uranium with too much engine thrust and the ship imploded, overloading the rendering engine.

5. Ninta Trainee Engineer

a small hint. set the ship on a certain speed (0.5 for small and about 1.5 for large) then disable the dampeners and let it move on its own. itl just keep going and you can do something else. at those speeds the ore hardness doesn't come into play.
    that is ofcourse if its of the tunnelbore or asteroideater veriety. not the surface miner.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2015
  6. Cassey Apprentice Engineer

Thanks... yeah, its an eater - a 43x43 mining platform.

I've been getting away with running around 2 m/s, but apparently that is too fast if eating large enough roids.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.