Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

We are players not ATM machines.

Discussion in 'General' started by Sanktuarium, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Sanktuarium Trainee Engineer

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Sarekh Senior Engineer

Good friend. Dan3d3d did not ban you for your own good. He banned you since your absolute and serene lack of manners is a pain to the eyes of other users. Take comfort from that!

That being said: you are wrong.

It can be disabled.

Have a wonderful evening!

3. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

You call moderators names in your Steam post and then you get banned... gosh... who would have thought.

4. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

And I bet if you press Shift+F1 like it says in the red box you may learn how to turn off the red box......

5. KissSh0t Master Engineer

I wish I was an ATM machine.....

6. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I don’t know about you, but I just visit the money tree.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Sarekh Senior Engineer

you can be anything you want if you just believe in your dreams!

8. KissSh0t Master Engineer

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Roxette Senior Engineer

Actually, Sarekh, he is quite correct. This warning about premium content blocks while in the industrial cockpit does not follow the general setting for on-screen warnings and can not be disabled.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  10. Sarekh Senior Engineer

holy.... really? then I stand corrected on that point! The rest, however, I am stern on ^^

11. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

is it a recent thing? o.O
    I remember using that industrial dlc cockpit and changing one of the displays to my friends profile pic and took a ui disabled screenshot.

12. Malware Master Engineer

Frankly - they're letting people use premium content without paying. Is it really so bad that they want to make sure you know this? I don't find this unfair at all. Especially considering that you originally couldn't use them-

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Roxette Senior Engineer

The most annoying thing about this premium content cockpit is that it can not be simply replaced with a stock cockpit on a ship design because the conveyor port is in a different position, so any design using it needs considerable changes if the DLC is not owned. All the other DLC are optional blocks and their absence can be easily accomodated without fundamental changes to the build.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Must have been updated. Friend of mine who didn't have the content (he does now though so don't worry Keen, lol) he was able to disable the message. So I too stand corrected as well. But OP didn't have to be such a jerk about it to Dan. :)
    --- Automerge ---
    @Roxette depending on how the build is made it could be a pain, but if built a certain different way the piping wouldn't be too big of a change. Again all depends on the build. :)

15. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

And for this very reason I tend to not use the new industrial cockpit. Besides, I find the sightlines more restrictive than the other cockpits.

16. Roxette Senior Engineer

I think the visibility overall is better except upwards, but I guess it depends on the purpose, I wouldn't use one on a regular 3x3 weld/grind toolship, but I find it works very well in the middle of an nxn large miner and the downwards visibility is good for approach and landing of a planetary shuttle...

[​IMG]

17. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I always use a down-facing camera, with spotlights, for my ships to aid in approach and landing.

18. KissSh0t Master Engineer

I kind of wish Keen would make more cockpits, and for some of them to be apart of the base game.

Actually, even just a flight seat like for large grid but for small grid would be nice, then we won't have to sit in a chair and control via remote control which I always found silly.....

I would love a tube style cockpit like this.

[​IMG]

19. boromir Apprentice Engineer

20. Malware Master Engineer

@KissSh0t Holy crap I didn't even realize that was lego

• Late Late x 1
  21. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Where should I slide my card?

• Funny Funny x 1
  22. KissSh0t Master Engineer

Yep it's lego, Lego spaceships are a pretty fun way of getting ideas for spaceships in SE.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's private information.

No it does not.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  23. Malware Master Engineer

@boromir I know I'm late. I saw the image when KissSh0t first posted it. But I didn't see that it was lego, and as such it wasn't as impressive. Just Another CGI Space Ship... is what I thought it was.
    --- Automerge ---
    If only we had 10% of the shapes available in lego... :p

• Agree Agree x 3
  24. KissSh0t Master Engineer

omg if only.. it would be glorious.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. May Rears Apprentice Engineer

Shouldn't that be "we are players not ATMs"? Just as amusing as people at work that call it "PAT Testing" :D

26. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

@KissSh0t That's why the folks at Lego laugh when people call Space Engineers Lego in space.

(You call that a block? THIS is a block.)

27. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Well is there at least a PIN number?

28. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Lego in space sounds lots better than Minecraft in space though @Stardriver907 hahaha

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

If you go back to some of Marek's original posts and interviews, he talks about Lego Space influencing his childhood.

30. boromir Apprentice Engineer

@Malware No offense, mate. Having done a lot of Legos I saw that it was when I first saw it. That's what I was referring to with the late. It's all good, bro.