Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

WE NEED AI/NPC's ATTENTION DEVS!!!

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by niteowl84, Jan 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Gentry Senior Engineer

cool

I'll add 'anti-social' to your list of insults

2. OrangeAaron Apprentice Engineer

Gentry yo, stop being so snarky man, we are all friends here.

Anyways, they reply a lot on the developer blogs, maybe someone should bring it up on the latest one.

3. niteowl84 Apprentice Engineer

thats how gentry rolls man its impossible to be nice or friendly with him, swear he thinks hes a dev or something cause he even takes things you say to them in a completly sarcastic non meaning manner personally lol...... he just patrols these kinda threads and trolls and zings.

thats not a bad idea at all man we should prob do that and get some attention on it. would love to mention to take a look at this post or something on there. Any chance you have a link to that dev blog?

4. lucadena Apprentice Engineer

I bet the devs already seen this thread and are hoping to find a way to make us "happy" without having to totally change their original idea of the game.

NO! bad devs! give us AI! :D

5. niteowl84 Apprentice Engineer

def have to agree with that post lol though i would really love to hear from a dev regarding this clearly popular thread...

6. Leonhardt Senior Engineer

Maybe if y'all thought about your suggestions more and didn't get so upset at the slightest hint of negative feedback, you wouldn't see him on your posts as often.

7. lucadena Apprentice Engineer

So I have to think more about asking for AI?

let me think....

I want AI.

thanks for the advice, goodbye :)

8. Gentry Senior Engineer

and maybe you wouldn't have to see barely literate posters spam 'spam' images without a hint of irony

9. lucadena Apprentice Engineer

I have no problems with you Gentry as with anyone else.
    I don't support that image and I am not going to insult you or anyone else, and I apologized earlier because I seemed blunt to you as you pointed out.
    That said, I think you are bashing randomly this thread because you don't like the idea of us asking for AI. (even if you agree in having AI, but you agree in an "i don't care" way).
    Anyway your opinion is good as anyone else's (as mine) and I often agree with you in some other threads.

I am sorry you being so pessimistic and blunt, but at least you keep this thread alive and on top, so I am good with it. :)

10. Gentry Senior Engineer

There is nothing wrong with being blunt, otherwise that would make me a hypocrite.

There is nothing wrong with asking for AI. But when you have niteowl making wild claims about the state of the game because of this I'm going to call him, and anyone else out.

11. Oselotti Junior Engineer

Hmm... I think more people are telling to other people that's bullshit. That actually rises the level of bullshit in the world...

12. lucadena Apprentice Engineer

he can say what he wants about the state of this game. Anyone reading this forums can judge if it's bullshit or not.
    you can call out who you want and as you please but I kinda agree that not adding AI is a big mistake in terms of sales.

13. Gentry Senior Engineer

I assume you have your data and market projections on hand

14. lucadena Apprentice Engineer

Off curse I do!
    Who you think I am?
    :)

15. Leonhardt Senior Engineer

Thank you for proving my point.
    "You disagree with me! I'm not going to listen to you! Lol goodbye"

16. lucadena Apprentice Engineer

Did you see me upset?

The only thing that makes me upset (more disappointed than upset) is that this game has no AI.
    It was my fault to not inform better at first, but seeing all this potential wasted (wasted for me, not for the developers) makes me sad.

I never get upset (I at least try to, but am not a robot) for forum posts and for people that disagree with me.

The only thing that I don't understand is the general hostility.
    Maybe life is hard with you? I am sure not. :)

17. GDFKingTigerTank Apprentice Engineer

Don't take it personally, some people have extremely entrenched ideas about what should and should not be a part of this game.

And people make the mistake of confusing hostility with unwillingness to compromise on their beliefs. They are not the same thing.

18. Leonhardt Senior Engineer

If you think "i disagree" counts as genuine hostility, then maybe you shouldn't be on the internet until you can learn to take negative feedback, or even people simply having a different opinion, without assuming things like "oh ur mean u must have a crappy hard life lol i don't sux 2 be u"

19. Gentry Senior Engineer

i get beaten at home unless i type disparaging comments on video game forums

20. Skeloton Master Engineer

Not that I can imagine happening :p

21. Jakejud Apprentice Engineer

Sorry but this post makes me think you don't know multiplayer exists.

22. Skeloton Master Engineer

Sorry but it sounds like you don't know that some people don't buy/play games for their Multiplayer.

23. Leonhardt Senior Engineer

Sounds like some people bought the wrong game, then.

24. Jakejud Apprentice Engineer

exactly.

25. Skeloton Master Engineer

Nowhere in the games description say this game was made purely for Multiplayer. It does say everything is subject to change, so right now they're saying no but as the game comes along they might say " we can probably pull if off now".

26. Leonhardt Senior Engineer

And if they don't, you're screwed. Never buy something based on an assumption.

I like paying for/supporting early alpha games like Space Engineers because I have no idea what I'm going to get. Very little is set in stone. It's exciting to see a game that barely worked when I bought it turn into something bigger and better that I actually get to watch happen and change over time.

But I never buy/support something solely due to an asssumption that they will implement something specific in the future. That would be stupid.

It'd be like if you bought Minecraft bacck in early alpha expecting there to be guns officially added at some point. Just silly.

27. Skeloton Master Engineer

When I bought this I had no assumptions about anything. Just because I said "Sorry but it sounds like you don't know that some people don't buy/play games for their Multiplayer." Doesn't make me one of them, that was your false assumption.

If we don't get AI/NPCs i'll get bored and bugger off, occasionally I play with friends or my faction.
    if we do get them then i'll be playing on and offline a whole lot more before burning out and playing some other game.

28. Leonhardt Senior Engineer

Right, I was talking about other people, who bought this game when nothing more than the building mechanics were officially confirmed, and are now upset because it isn't developing like they wanted it to.

29. Skeloton Master Engineer

I don't see many of them being upset, slightly disappointed maybe. I'll agree that the title does give that vibe and ive asked the OP to edit it and give it a more rational vibe.

30. lucadena Apprentice Engineer

That's exactly what i was thinking

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.