Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

"we need to go deeper" into Planetary crust.

Discussion in 'General' started by Forcedminer, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

yeah I'd like the thought of having to big out a large chunk of ground to reach a nice deposit deep down.
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sinbad Senior Engineer

if only mined voxels were that smooth...

3. Carrion Senior Engineer

what we NEED is a survival tool to replace voxels such as a dozer blade from gravel

4. Sinbad Senior Engineer

we need something. there are a few different ideas around for implementation. I used to push my preferences, now I don't care. as long as the mechanic ends in smoothed voxels, ill jump through any in game hoops keen cares to point a stick at.

5. Carrion Senior Engineer

its not just removing in a smooth way, its also replacing them as well. tbh its just them giving us a tool to work with for myself i would think it would enable planet side building and wheels to become much much more practical. as you arnt having to remove huge areas of stone to make a level area when all it needed was a bit of backfilling

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

me to...i wish there was a sort of chisel drill that would display a sort of red block like when you're on a ship and select display gravity field.
    and with that you'll know exactly where and what you'll be drilling. it'll be immersion breaking sure..but it would be nice to have some seriously smooth voxel rock to drive over.
    [I know a sorta similar effect can be created using a drilling ship that very slowly floats across an area while mining.]

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.