Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Welder Not Welding In The Place Your Looking

Discussion in 'Gameplay Help' started by PandaGam3z, Jul 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. PandaGam3z Trainee Engineer

Ive only noticed this glitch or bug or whatever on small ships, when trying to weld it welds in a different place than your looking im not sure what causes this or how it can be fixed?

2. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

it feels like the crosshairs are off or something.

tbh it feels like its gotten better.....then what it used to be...i think.
    maybe i just got used to it.

i disabled crosshairs because they got in my way and got the killing floor 1/2 crosshair'less sense of roughly where i need to aim to weild or saw what i need to.
    it does feel off centre but try disabling crosshairs

3. TheJaegerBomb Trainee Engineer

I know this might not be very useful, but I'm gonna put it out there in case it is. Is it possible that your camera is rotated off center? This can be done if you hold down "alt" and move the mouse. Pressing V twice will reset it.

If this isn't the problem, it could perhaps serve as a temporary solution. Point your camera to where it actually welds, and it appears as if you are welding normally.

4. TheJaegerBomb Trainee Engineer

This issue has just started arising for me as well on version 1.182.204. It welds and grinds blocks slightly off to the side, which especially while grinding gets really annoying. If I mean to grind an armor block it would take away a solar panel.
    --- Automerge ---
    The tools also glitch up and down in the character's hand. It stays in its normal position, but then around every second jolts downwards.

5. Syncaidius Junior Engineer

So far, I've noticed the amount the aim is off by depends on which direction you're facing.

At one point, I was facing a small ship and the grinder was offset below the block I was aiming at, but once I went to the other side of the ship, it was offset above my crosshair.

Side-note: It'd also be nice if they could fix the oversized grinder blocking half of the screen while they're at it. :p

6. mdram Apprentice Engineer

seen the same thing
    i sometimes have to circle the object to grind/weld it

7. TheJaegerBomb Trainee Engineer

Right now, this issue is seriously getting in the way of my gameplay. It is honestly impossible to build a small ship, because try grinding any block and it starts grinding another. How am I supposed to build like that?
    --- Automerge ---
    I have uploaded a video:

--- Automerge ---
    Specifically the gyroscope and the antenna do not weld at all, with other blocks I just have problems that the welder doesnt weld where its pointing (same for the grinder). It is possible to put components onto these with the right click, they just cant be welded.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. ViroMan Senior Engineer

Ever since they changed the cross hairs vs actual aim (except gun) its pretty retarded to weld or grind anything. You have to actually point above what you want to grind/weld. It is horribly counter intuitive. Not to mention it pisses me off something terrible when using the top tier grinder and I am grinding small grid stuff down I REALLY did not want to grind down. Before I even notice it is grinding something I didn't want to grind... its already gone. Bye bye block that was holding the reactor on...

9. The American Brony Trainee Engineer

This is still an issue. Can we fix it already? It's been a bug for so long. It's happening in my solo survival world. Can't weld certain blocks at all, or can I properly grind down the mysterious crates.

10. PandaGam3z Trainee Engineer

Ey Atleast we get freaking parachutes and skins which the parachute being able to be deployed at a certaint height really helps with a issue that it solved for a thing I am making

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.