Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Welder Ship - Help Other non-functional

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Alli, Nov 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Alli Trainee Engineer

Hello,

I don't think that was mentioned, but the welders ship have a problem with the "help others"option.

I was planning to make an automated platform for respawning new players who build a ship at the push of a button, everything works perfectly, but having the projector in my name and welder them on behalf of Space Pirates the ship goes to the name of Space Pirates.
    I tried to load the BP with the "neutral"ship, it gives the same result, the ship is always to the same owner as the welder.

As a result it forces the new players to grind the ships...

2. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

it could be many things but im pretty sure you're close with grinding the ship.
    since a pirate ship is involved theres a chance you might not have access to some of the blocks....so many a cargo container is restricting access since its not owned by you...for example.
    I would recommend if any blocks are red when attempting to access them to grind them past the blue bar then reweld them. as well as add them to faction if that applies and see if anything chances.

3. Thrak Junior Engineer

My understanding is that "help others" means the welder will weld a block that is already being welded by another... in other words, "help others" makes blocks cooperate. I don't think it has anything to do with ownership.

4. viper312005 Trainee Engineer

It doesn't matter who owns the BP, its gets its owner by the welders, and whatever the grid the projector is attached to. They must be the same ownership. In my case, its a NPC faction I added. My server is already doing what your trying to accomplish. Its a pain the arse but I was able to make it work. Using modapi to turn the projected respawnship to owned by nobody so players just have to set it their themselves. Though, I have really not been able to get the function "Help Others" to work or maybe not using it correctly.

Heres a video of my Earth Respawn Station on my server...its still a WIP, but one of the stations is fully functional.

5. REDSHEILD Junior Engineer

No, it's supposed to weld a block without affecting ownership. @Alli have you tried it with the projector on a separate grid from the welder?

6. viper312005 Trainee Engineer

If you want to have the new respawnship have no ownership, set your welders and grid that your projector is on to Nobody, if you using a merge block to demerge the respawnship, only the merge block needs to be set to Nobody not the whole grid is required to be set then. Only issue with this is, since welders are set to Nobody, players are able to mess with them and set them to their ownership. So my workaround was to do it in modapi. I have tried using "Help others" option on the welders with them having an ownership and only having the merge block have no owernship but would never work. I think the first block has to be welded by the owner, then anyone else can help using the "help other" option. But, i havent tested this.

7. Roxette Senior Engineer

Nope... the "Help Others" setting makes the welded blocks have no ownership set - i.e. owner="nobody"

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Thrak Junior Engineer

Well, I learned something new today. Thanks!

9. Alli Trainee Engineer

viper312005 The factory is already in place.

Here's a summary:

But with this property thing, it's very annoying.
    Welders on nobody simply do not work.
    And I also tried with two different grids the result is the same.

10. viper312005 Trainee Engineer

Both the welders and the grid that the projector resides on has to be set to nobody for it work....

11. Alli Trainee Engineer

The welder doesn't work by anyone, then with the update I can remove the factory, the piston/rotor kills the server...

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.