Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Welders, everything about them.

Discussion in 'Programming Questions and Suggestions' started by RTM, Jan 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. RTM Apprentice Engineer

IS there a way to force a welder to check whether it has any blocks to weld short of turning it on and off?
    I frequently find welders idling when they should be working, this is annoying and cycling 200+ welders usually produces noticeable lag which other players do not like.

2. A2K Trainee Engineer

According to API documentation generated from decompiled game DLL files, the welder block does not implement any new methods. So there is no way to directly check what you want.

But you could access Position property of the block, then look around in 3x3x2 area and check if there are any incomplete blocks (check IsComplete/IsFunctional properties). There is a thread somewhere about getting block coordinates, and as far as I remember, Position is of some weird game engine internal class type, you'll need to convert it into Vector3D (there is a built-in method for that).

3. RTM Apprentice Engineer

Why would you want to get coordinates, if you have grid position? You don't need to know where in XYZ the block is, just what is the relative position to the welder in the grid, no?

4. se5a Apprentice Engineer

would that work if it's a different grid?

5. RTM Apprentice Engineer

Ah, silly me and my big mouth.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.