Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

What Are We Reasonably Expecting Will be Addressed in the "Survival Update"?

Discussion in 'General' started by Stardriver907, Jun 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Calaban Junior Engineer

One thing that wasn't the same to me in my extensive " keep on beta-ing" time was battery drain time. Maybe it's the extra mass, maybe the extra engine screaming, but a 'typical' 2 battery earth atmo flyer in the next update has a full to empty service time of 12. Minutes.. ( currently lasts a good hour). I had to up it to a 5 battery beast

Another one was station batteries being drained by assemble production modules.. totally dead in 25 minutes time. Unsustainable.

that's different.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  2. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

I did notice that when small batteries were set to Auto, they seemed to cycle between discharge and recharge like every 20 seconds or so.

3. Thrak Junior Engineer

Large batteries do that, too.

4. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

Can't wait to find out what they didn't tell us about and @Xocliw didn't leak ;)

5. ObjectZero Apprentice Engineer

Well we know about at least a couple new block but I'm betting we see a few more that where not talked about.

6. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

@ObjectZero I wouldn't hold my breath, I think what we saw in the test runs and the ladders will be the only new blocks we will see today. Just a gut feeling.

7. Sarekh Senior Engineer

Well, that and maybe the new ramp lengths

8. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

@Sarekh Still wouldn't hold my breath on the ramps either. Lol.

9. Calaban Junior Engineer

There were surprises not revealed during beta testing during the last major update (multiplayer fix).. female engineer comes to mind.

So I'm not going to be a Debbie Downer for no good reason

10. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

I am sure there will be a lot of "under the hood" performance surprises.
    But for new block surprises, I just have a gut feeling those will be at a later time. I think we just are getting the ladder today as a "new" block.
    I mean technically the survival block and turbine etc, but we knew for sure about those, lol.

I would love to have a nice surprise of new blocks we had no clue about, don't get me wrong. I just do not think today is that day is all. :)

11. ObjectZero Apprentice Engineer

@mojomann71 I'm just happy this update is not coming in April.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sarekh Senior Engineer

or IS IT?

13. vadersson Trainee Engineer

I will just be impressed if everything works today and there is no patch required by the weekend. That seems to happen with all the games I play. A major update, and a week later it works. :) Here is hoping...

Thanks,
    Duncan

14. Sentinel-Ghost Apprentice Engineer

I'm disappointed the Ladders are not enclosed :( It means I cant simply change all my Passage "lift shafts" into ladder shafts, also no new ramp blocks....

15. Malware Master Engineer

I'm very glad they're not, because that would be rather limiting imo...

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Sentinel-Ghost Apprentice Engineer

Could of had two variants an enclosed ladder and an open ladder that way the limitations of one is solved by the other.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.