Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

What are you using sensors for?

Discussion in 'Survival' started by Memphis, Sep 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Mad Mike Apprentice Engineer

Thanks I was a little confused (getting old)

To be honest I deserved that..lol...I normally only comment on things I have tried out..:)

2. Spacedweller Trainee Engineer

I was little suspicious about these sensor things, but tested them out in survival game. No mods in use.
    Sensor cannot spawn minerals, but seems they can detect them. And I haven't tested does it work on ingots and items.

- Place sensor
    - Change sensor name "<mineral name here> Sensor" Example: Stone Sensor 1
    - Set to detect floating objects only
    - Now any floating stone ore on sensor view, will trigger it.

Enjoy your new sorting ability to get rid off unwanted material ending to refiners.

3. Mad Mike Apprentice Engineer

Thankyou..:thumb:

Thought I was getting early symptoms of dementia...but as I said..not tried it yet.

4. Jarin Trainee Engineer

So... is there a way to get the "view sensors field range" etc. to work in survival mode? I can't for the life of me get them to work...

5. Smoo Apprentice Engineer

Oh, you just need an antenna on the station/ship that you want to broadcast the ranges on. Same for gravity and antenna range.

Using a player-sensor to kill grinder/welder when you leave a ship without turning them off... is a lovely idea. :woot:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2014
  6. Jarin Trainee Engineer

I have antennas on literally everything I own (I'm a remote control addict now) and can't see sensor or gravity ranges. I can see antenna ranges just fine, but not the others. Nor center-of-gravity, for that matter.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2014
  7. Mad Mike Apprentice Engineer

Sorry.. jumped the gun big time on my post last week but did you guys know the new sensor settings not only mean you wont lose your auto miner but now your drones and ships can be set to "steer around" asteroids...lol, no more excuses for slamming into a big rock.

8. Comicsluvr Trainee Engineer

I have an automated piston on my station. Ship flies in front of the sensor, piston with connector attached extends out. When the ship leaves the piston retracts. Much less chance of colliding with stuff this way.

Some other suggestions can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjsW1mBsf9E&list=UUGTcF4sjAOIJujN1F-_HPyg

9. raystmr Trainee Engineer

I only use them to open hanger doors or other things on my ships. Increase in range or a friend foe type would be possible I hope at some point. Maybe even a target lock option but all ideas that would consume lots of memory and with the memory usage as slow as it is now we will need to wait for more complex things.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.