Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

What are you waiting for?!

Discussion in 'General' started by Ash87, Oct 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Ash87 Senior Engineer

Basically, what feature are you waiting for in Medieval Engineers?

We've all got one, and the game being where it is at, and the promises made being what they are... we know a lot is coming, and there are only so many castles you can make in creative before you start wanting to do something else.

So yeah... what specifically are you looking forward to?

Personally, 3 things.

Farming: I really want to make a true survival map with a rather large farm, a small castle surrounding it, and have my own personal Redwall abbey.

Unlimited maps: So, I would prefer this take the form of really large planets, like we are getting in Space Engineers, but either way... I hate those boundaries around the map. It yanks me out of the experience to see that.

Resources: Kind of goes along with the want for farming, I'd like to have to get iron and clay and all that other stuff in order to make my settlement. Just stone and wood isn't as fun.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. PsicoPato Senior Engineer

1 - Procedural generated unlimited worlds.
    1.1 - Procedural generated vilages and barbarian camps.
    2 - Mineral resource gathering
    3 - crafting
    4 - Farming
    5 - More enemies

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 4
  3. UnstableOrbit Trainee Engineer

Procedural worlds. Seriously. MAKE IT HAPPEN KEEN.

Also, I wouldn't mind having some form of primitive track system, even something as simple as a stone block with two parallel grooves for carts to run in. I like building vertical, and have a habit of picking a tall steep mountain and turning it into a fortress with large tunnels for moving troops and supplies. Some form of primitive railway block would allow me to simplify the tunnel network and dig "subways" instead.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

Those gear blocks you see in the official game video/intro, I would like them, but I am also wanting to see the seasons change, different NPC's, alot more survival blocks and HORSES!

• Like Like x 2
  5. tharkus Junior Engineer

I Expect bigger worlds (procedural or not)
    crafting, farming, ores (to craft sword and tools) and a bit of Character Customization at least.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. yokse Trainee Engineer

A functional multiplayer faction game

-lot of players in server ( big battles )
    -big world
    - fix mobile parts ( catapults, weels, push small grids, ect..... )

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. cedi Apprentice Engineer

Farming/Animal Husbandry, Ores/smelting/crafting and procedural worlds.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thermonuklear Junior Engineer

1. Crafting that doesn't feel like inventory management (I hope this is the reason why it has not been implemented yet)

2. Spherical/unlimited worlds

3. More mechanical parts

4. Clans, procedural villages and camps

5. Farming

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. waterlimon Senior Engineer

Id like real immersive weather.

You know, a ton of particles that go really fast everywhere, some heavy wind/thunderstorm/rain sounds, and physical effects like the character being thrown 10 meters by a gust of wind, or passing out due to the freezing temperatures.

And of course, if you go inside, the effects become much more distant and you just get some mumbled weather sounds and a reduced temperature effect (which can be avoided by staying near a fire and such)

10. cedi Apprentice Engineer

Why spherical? That just overcomplicates things and limits the world in all directions.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Thermonuklear Junior Engineer

It would be something completely different... Let's say we get a 120km diameter planetoid. The circumference would be something around 370-375km. Surface area... I'm guessing it's a lot. EDIT: Thousands of square kilometers, to be exa... less vague.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. waterlimon Senior Engineer

I like the idea of a finite world more than infinite. It gives terrain features and locations more meaning, knowing that theyre actually special - maybe the only place like that on the planet.

Of course, the world should be practically infinite. Preferrably so big that you cant travel around it without being really advanced and spending real life weeks on the journey.

Though I have to agree it would make certain systems more difficult to implement for devs, when the word has curvature. But if they plan to share code/features between SE and ME, it might be least work for them to have both use spherical worlds.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Silen Apprentice Engineer

1. Physics completely fixed so we don't have to go crazy for a simple trebuchet to don't break itself.
    2. More resource gathering and farming
    3. Armors and weapons (various amount of them)
    4. Server scripts to make Roleplay possible and larger maps for it

• Like Like x 1
  14. Donut64 Trainee Engineer

Actually having an entire ME world take place on a SE-scale planet would be amazing...
    .. especially when you glitch out on an object and get flung into space.

• Agree Agree x 6
  15. Iamus Apprentice Engineer

@Dount64 That would be amazing.

16. SaturaxCZ Senior Engineer

I wonder how the combat system will look like: old mount and blade ---> chivalry ---> or ? I think it's one of the most important things in a medieval game, even though game is mainly concentrating on building, creating, atc.... how to destroy, burn it is also important.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Hiramas Apprentice Engineer

A decent, complete survival experience (Food, mining and stuff)
    Bigger, more diverse maps.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Donald Trump Our Hero Trainee Engineer

Survival and buildings that don't collapse when you try to reinforce them with pillars.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. zDeveloper10 Junior Engineer

haha yeah. it often seems like under some conditions it will put all the weight of the structure on one piece once it's added,even if it was stable before

20. PhoenixTheSage Junior Engineer

Everything...
    I feel overall ME is missing a huge amount of content when compared to other games of its theme (even considering its Alpha). I bought it to support Keen and was hoping it would really bloom somewhere along the way, especially since it supposedly has a separate dev team from SE...but it just hasn't happened yet.

Doesn't help that I'm not really a fan of the early feudal era, I would love to work on a fantasy overhaul once the gameplay is more fleshed out (Elder Scrolls or LOTR) to make the game more fun to be immersed in...

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  21. Random Trainee Engineer

Now thats something from my childhood I've not thought about for ages!

Personally I'm only really missing pulleys and gears. Need more options for my stone slinging machines!

22. WeirdWizard Trainee Engineer

Well I could go on about each of these at great length and probably come up with a dozen more but in order of importance what I think would improve that game most it's

Improved ai - At the moment both the enemy ai and minion ai is terrible, funny yes but near useless. Minions could be hugely improved relatively easily with the implementation of path flag the player can place to define routes for them to take. Yeah I know GoodAI is supposed to be working on uber ai but until then simple path nodes we can lay down coupled with some sort of basic a* pathing would give us functional usable minions able to navigate around our constructions and performs the jobs we give them. Enemy AI is a bit trickier although I suppose they could make use of any paths we define for our minions at least.

Mechanical doohickys like pulleys, gears, levers, doors, trap doors.

More survival mechanics - Things like heat & cold would be nice (no idea if this is planned) coupled with rain, maybe even seasons so there is actually a need to built shelters and light fires. Also some kind of activity we can do indoors when it's dark and/or cold to fill the time. Basically drivers to force us to engineer solutions.

Larger worlds, they don't have to be spherical planets as I suspect without flight it would be functionally identical to a very large flat world but if it's easy and doesn't cause issues with physics and gravity then I suppose it would offer better long term potential. Coupled with that would be a need to put things in the world to find. Exploration be it for resources like ores or to find villages to recruit minions, ruins to find equipment that sort of thing.

Farming, crafting, progression and improved mod support.

23. Threule Trainee Engineer

This plus other cultures architecture

24. Mogeley Trainee Engineer

More mechanical parts. Pulleys, gears of different sizes, different sized wheels, etc.

Having more of a reason to build a big castle. Having a village of NPC's to support for food, water, storage, livestock, and defend would give a reason to build. This would include building farms for food for the people, building storage for food and goods, building a place for people to live, building a safe place to live. Some of this already exists but not in the context of building a city state. Seasons sound interesting in the sense that farms are seasonal and you must gather and store enough for the people to survive.

More terrain to build on.

I'd like to see walls be able to be rotated blocks at 5 degree increments. This would provide a way to build large round structures or of other shapes beyond square.

• Like Like x 1
  25. WeirdWizard Trainee Engineer

More Terrains would be nice but only if they came with some new official voxel type like snow and ice or some new tree types for a different feeling woodland. I'd love to build in old oak forest or on the edge of a swamp.

Not sure the walls rotation is possible individual blocks need to conform to the grid (though the grid could be rotated).

26. Mogeley Trainee Engineer

Yes, one way is to rotate the grid and have multiple dynamic grids. Which they kind of do already...

Another way is is to add snap points so that pieces could logically snap together then adjust the offset angle.

I think for simplicity sake the original grid and rotation (90 degrees) needs to remain. Finer rotation controls could be added for 45 degrees, 15 degrees, and 4 degrees. Hold shift and press E kind of thing, and use another key to adjust how much rotation is applied.

27. Dalmanos Trainee Engineer

I would like to see advanced combat, not only the sword handling itself also on the side of commanding AI.
    Take Mount n Blade as an example: You can order groups(f.e. archers) to wait, move, follow you, etc.
    Maybe assigning people too groups would be good, too. This would also require better AI.
    (Maybe even AI learning how to use custom siege engines? I saw they are working hard on AI)

Also I think we need an improvement in the look of the G-menu. It is a mess and I hope it doesn't go the way of SE, where every block is in a giant orderless list. I would recommend subheadlines or something.

Also I would like to see an improved mini block system. We are somewhat limited in our ability to make mechanical things the way we want them.(Like diagonal blocks in custom length)
    Like some mentioned before gears, belts and so on would be great.

These are the things which came first to my mind when thinking of the ME-future.

28. Savino Apprentice Engineer

Bigger worlds would be nice! One single planet from SE would mean a life time of exploration!! Hell, I bet you can put the entire population of the game in one planet an d people would still have problem to find someone else.​

29. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

I would like to see more blocks added to replace some creative options we had before the compound building changed, like Gothic arches, however non European blocks would be a huge bonus. The dark/light stone technique decorating many European castle arches came from the middle east, just saying.

30. WeirdWizard Trainee Engineer

I think a few weeks updates with a new blocks like this could go a long way appeasing people ;) Plus it would just be easier to make these things if there was a single block for it which would be nice.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.