Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

What bits do you put in your stations / motherships?

Discussion in 'Survival' started by taikodragon, Nov 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. taikodragon Trainee Engineer

I've sunk a large number of hours into my survival map and I have all the basic utility ships and a couple military crafts but my station is a soulless mis-mash of utility bits without any real separation or reasoning. I want to expand it with more interesting "fluff" rooms / building, etc but I'm all out of inspiration, so I thought I'd see what other people have done with their stations in survival.

2. Blako Apprentice Engineer

How many rooms in your home are for a specific purpose? How about a school... an office? Something I just discovered is the beauty of having players orbit my spherical gravity gen ship. If you can make that into a room where people get tested for space sickness... O ya. :D

Space Kitchen by Mack71
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/MackBlade/screenshots/?appid=244850&sort=newestfirst&browsefilter=myfiles&view=imagewall
    [​IMG]
    Interior Garden by IIN8II
    http://forums.keenswh.com/post/deep-space-exploration-ship-6780864
    [​IMG]

3. goduranus Junior Engineer

Lol, you cook your food with Nuclear Power!

4. MegaMiner Junior Engineer

You've never heard microwaving referred to as nuking your food? Or irradiated Fruits and Vegetables?

I'm all for eyecandy bits, like beds, chairs, tables etc. I probably wont use them myself, as Im just a dirt under my fingernails industrial miner type.

5. Haunty Apprentice Engineer

I've been pretty minimalistic so far rather than trying to reproduce The Sims in space: the med room which sometimes I make as a bunker of 2 or more layers of heavy armor, the production area, and the control room area. The rest is ductwork for the turrets and some redundant areas for power and gyroscopes. And I see ship hangars as kind of an overrated novelty, I save those for last when I run out of other ideas for building.

6. taikodragon Trainee Engineer

Cool ideas. I hadn't thought about making backup power/gyros for a station. When you layout your base, how to you decide what goes on each floor, or is it random?

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.