Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

What defines a ship?

Discussion in 'Survival' started by Cassey, Jun 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Cassey Apprentice Engineer

Started out in a rescue ship and built my permanent ship while attached by some armor blocks (to prevent it from floating away before it was stabilized). Just deleted the armor blocks connecting them, and undocked from the connectors I was using to flow goods between them.

Much to my surpriose, my NEW ship is getting the "This is a temporary ship and will be deleted message", and the original rescue ship is not...

Any idea how that happened?

2. TwoHedWlf Trainee Engineer

I believe the larger ship inherits the grid name(And presumably the temporary ship status), the smaller ship gets a new grid name.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Cassey Apprentice Engineer

Ugh. Well, that theory fits the data points but sucks, since I built a larger ship. Any idea how to use the Toolbox to "untemporary" my real ship?

4. Yeoman Apprentice Engineer

You might try merge blocking it to an asteroid and then un-merging it. I think someone said your can do that, but TBH, I always turn off the delete respawn ship feature.

5. Roxette Senior Engineer

Or you could search the relevant SANDBOX_0_0_0_.sbs file for the line:

<IsRespawnGrid>true</IsRespawnGrid>

and replace 'true' with 'false'

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Cassey Apprentice Engineer

Great! I'll just do that!

7. Robotnik V Apprentice Engineer

In the event you can't find it, build another larger ship off of the new ship, only connect these two ships with one armor block, and build this larger ship out of unwelded light armor blocks. Then grind the block connecting the two ships. The floating collection or armor blocks will inherit the "This is a temporary ship and will be deleted message" message, and your other ship will be fine. You can then grind down the larger ship.

8. Cassey Apprentice Engineer

Actually, IsRespawnGrid is set to false - I thought I had turned that off, but sometimes forget. Still getting the warning message every time I enter the new ships cockpit. The edit worked, once I found and changed them all, and life was good, until I hit the new drill bug. Game paused until they patch that, but that issue is another post.

9. Soup Toaster Apprentice Engineer

The easiest way is just to attach the ship to an asteroid or planet with merge blocks, when you disconnect it again it'll be permanent. Also with the drill bug, remember that if you're playing solo you can switch to an earlier version of the game from inside Steam. Go to your library, go into Space Engineers properties, then betas, then switch to an older version of the engine.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.