Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

What DLC would you be happy to pay for?

Discussion in 'General' started by SirConnery, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Morloc Apprentice Engineer

It's been a while since I've fired up SE, but the energy weapons were...well....a bit lacking. Some didn't work, some had no auto-targeting, many required ammunition. Almost all fired what were essentially projectiles. Kudos to people for trying without a proper framework to mod though.

-Morloc

2. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

I'd pay for a ball-and-socket block. I'd pay for a block that worked like a piston but looked like a cable and pulley rig. I wish somebody would figure out tracked wheels.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Larger airtight hangar doors, with adjustable opening/closing speed.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

That would be a no brainer. The modded versions work very simply. The vanilla block collapses to about one 1x1x1 cube and covers 1x1x2 of usable door space. Larger variants that collapse into 1x1x2 and 1x1x3 would yield 1x1x4 and 1x1x6 of door space using the same proportions. I'd be happy to pay for it as DLC to be able to park larger ships into a hangar. The largest large grid ship to fit through opposing vanilla doors is about 3.5 large blocks of space... so you have to build some pretty thin ships.

This and retractable landing gear would make for the core of a nice DLC pack.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I've really been frustrated not being able to park large-grid ship behind those airtight hangar doors. It's obvious that they were never intended for large-grid ships, but only small-grid versions.

6. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

I've build some large grid utility ships that are about 3.5 blocks tall. The fit through the doors but they are basically high-tech bricks.

7. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Yeah, I've shoehorned some through, too. They had a lot of class, too, but it was all 3rd!

8. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

I would be happy to pay for light armor blocks that do not blow up on a 15 mph (7m/s) impact. :)

9. SirConnery Apprentice Engineer

You might want to try this mod for the time being https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1321167725 .
    I use it, with collisions it does slightly too low damage to my liking but it's much better for combat. You'll probably want the shrapnel mod to balance out combat with it https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=900678366 .

10. Allammo Apprentice Engineer

I'd also pay for Digi Control Module implementation. Mod has only one flaw, changing parameters of all group copies press/releas setting from first block on list to all selected blocks. Nothing developers wouldn't be able to correct. All of my creations are controled via control module, I like to keep things as vanilla as possible bu life without control module kinda suck. I hate to think about CM as paid, exclusive part of game, such game changing features shouldn't be exclusive but what a hell, people who would appreciate CM are surely SE fans and wouldn't mind pay for it. Of course I think authors of such wonderful, reliable and well done mods should be rewarded somehow for their input, but again this is my opinion.

Reason I came up with this idea is that i know at least one person - my brother - who believe mods are game breaking, and since everything i build requires a lot more from single keystroke than game orginally offers, he can't help me with final tests. Frankly lot of people doesn't know / doesn't care about total control over system blocks, currently only 21k of people have subscribed this awesome mod, hell, yet another reason to put it into game core! Game, people creations will be better when they will realize what they can do. So yea, I'd pay for that, I always would be happy to pay for real Improvement.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. SirConnery Apprentice Engineer

If there's 2 things I'm constantly building in the game and wishing there was more alternative looks to them are.

1. Cockpits
    2. Doors

Especially for cockpits there are very few quality mods. You want to make a quick buck devs, get us some more alternative cockpits on the next DLC.

12. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

I would love to have different skins of thrusters. I would pay for that, (yes I know mods are already out that cover this.) I would still pay Keen for "official" alternate Thrusters.

13. Malware Master Engineer

I wish. Didn't you see the fire the decoration pack cockpit invoked? You know, "reee functional block as DLC"...

14. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I'll buy anything!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. SirConnery Apprentice Engineer

Haha! :D
    Best reply 5/5.

16. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

I don't know about DLC, but a few more combat-oriented cockpits should be in the next update, which I'm still betting will be combat-oriented.

17. Cyber Cheese Apprentice Engineer

I won't buy any DLC until Keen fixes missile collision. But if they do fix that issue, I would probably pay for:
    1. Different ion thruster models and flame colors.
    2. Torch mod to be integrated into the game.
    3. Safe zone options (enable shooting, building) to be further adjustable in a config file.
    4. Option to use the respawn menu as it existed before the game left beta (i.e. not laggy and terrible).

18. Bullet_Force Apprentice Engineer

I'd pay for a DLC that increases the weapon count to say more then 2...

Then again maybe I wouldn't because more weapons should already be in the game.

19. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Yeah because real-life space ships have weapons!!

Oh wait....they don't... damn......

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

But they do in all the make-believe movies! So that makes it real.

• Funny Funny x 1
  21. Bullet_Force Apprentice Engineer

Did you forget that NASA paints their ships with pink glitter? Or that they have deployed a super effective 100% reliable energy shield around their stations?

22. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

Don't forget that weapons are not necessarily for combat in SE. Hand weapons obviously are, but the larger weapons can even be used for mining.

If there was a second Great Space Race in 2029 (and it's looking like there might actually be one by then) and space mining becomes a thing, then by 2077 ships will be armed. Piracy will be a thing. Arms dealers will sell to all sides.

In this regard, SE is most realistic.

23. frannic Apprentice Engineer

I would pay for an official campaign.
    Something like "the first jump"
    Would be cool to play co-op but single player would be fine too.
    With the new datapads they could really make a cool story.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

If they're smart, that's what the "Xbox version" should be.

25. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

*chuckle* i doubt ppl would buy it but
    may-haps a basic melee weapon like the wrench from system shock 2.
    click-hold-release-attack. sure we have the hold and attack style.
    but i wonder what style of weapons modders would make if a system like that existed?
    I'd also like to beat a alien spider down with an engineering wrench.
    I'm still going to get that disco and sparkle block pack just because its awesome.

26. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Or Gordon's wrecking bar, like in Half-Life? I'd buy that for a dollar!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  27. Roxette Senior Engineer

That's not entirely accurate. The USSR equipped their Almaz military space station with a modified version of an aircraft autocannon in the early 1970's.

28. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

@Roxette I said ships...not stations... ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  29. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

The fancy looking cockpit that does the same job? I just ignore people who cry over $3... actually I laugh at them. They are always going to complain about something shiny that others are willing to pony-up two bucks for and they can't have for free.

Yes more cockpit variants, including tandem cockpits and large block cockpits that have conveyors on the back rather than the bottom, a flight seat with open space in front of the astronaut, all that good shi... umm... stuff.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  30. SirConnery Apprentice Engineer

The more I play the more I want new cockpits. Just make it happen keen.

• Agree Agree x 1