Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

What DLC would you be happy to pay for?

Discussion in 'General' started by SirConnery, Apr 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Morloc Apprentice Engineer

It's been a while since I've fired up SE, but the energy weapons were...well....a bit lacking. Some didn't work, some had no auto-targeting, many required ammunition. Almost all fired what were essentially projectiles. Kudos to people for trying without a proper framework to mod though.

-Morloc

2. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

I'd pay for a ball-and-socket block. I'd pay for a block that worked like a piston but looked like a cable and pulley rig. I wish somebody would figure out tracked wheels.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Larger airtight hangar doors, with adjustable opening/closing speed.

4. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

That would be a no brainer. The modded versions work very simply. The vanilla block collapses to about one 1x1x1 cube and covers 1x1x2 of usable door space. Larger variants that collapse into 1x1x2 and 1x1x3 would yield 1x1x4 and 1x1x6 of door space using the same proportions. I'd be happy to pay for it as DLC to be able to park larger ships into a hangar. The largest large grid ship to fit through opposing vanilla doors is about 3.5 large blocks of space... so you have to build some pretty thin ships.

This and retractable landing gear would make for the core of a nice DLC pack.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I've really been frustrated not being able to park large-grid ship behind those airtight hangar doors. It's obvious that they were never intended for large-grid ships, but only small-grid versions.

6. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

I've build some large grid utility ships that are about 3.5 blocks tall. The fit through the doors but they are basically high-tech bricks.

7. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Yeah, I've shoehorned some through, too. They had a lot of class, too, but it was all 3rd!

8. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

I would be happy to pay for light armor blocks that do not blow up on a 15 mph (7m/s) impact. :)

9. SirConnery Apprentice Engineer

You might want to try this mod for the time being https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1321167725 .
    I use it, with collisions it does slightly too low damage to my liking but it's much better for combat. You'll probably want the shrapnel mod to balance out combat with it https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=900678366 .

10. Allammo Apprentice Engineer

I'd also pay for Digi Control Module implementation. Mod has only one flaw, changing parameters of all group copies press/releas setting from first block on list to all selected blocks. Nothing developers wouldn't be able to correct. All of my creations are controled via control module, I like to keep things as vanilla as possible bu life without control module kinda suck. I hate to think about CM as paid, exclusive part of game, such game changing features shouldn't be exclusive but what a hell, people who would appreciate CM are surely SE fans and wouldn't mind pay for it. Of course I think authors of such wonderful, reliable and well done mods should be rewarded somehow for their input, but again this is my opinion.

Reason I came up with this idea is that i know at least one person - my brother - who believe mods are game breaking, and since everything i build requires a lot more from single keystroke than game orginally offers, he can't help me with final tests. Frankly lot of people doesn't know / doesn't care about total control over system blocks, currently only 21k of people have subscribed this awesome mod, hell, yet another reason to put it into game core! Game, people creations will be better when they will realize what they can do. So yea, I'd pay for that, I always would be happy to pay for real Improvement.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.