1. The forum will be closing soon permanently. Please read the announcement here

Note: User registration has been closed. We do not accept any new accounts.

what happened to big red ship?

Discussion in 'Survival' started by zDeveloper10, Jun 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. zDeveloper10

zDeveloper10 Junior Engineer

I might have not touched it for a couple patches, but today I just noticed that all you really need to do is fly into the back compartment and sit down. there's not really a challenge because it's powered by solar panels and even includes an oxygen generator by default- the only thing left is what all survival games have and that's looking for ice.
    did I save over it somehow on accident or is that the way keen has it now? if so, is there recommendations for scenarios there are a little less complete?

2. DivineWrath

DivineWrath Junior Engineer

Many ships got redesigned (not all but many). Oxygen got added to the game and the devs have put plenty of focus on being able to seal, pressurize, and fill ships with breathable air. The old versions were not well designed to handle that. Since those ships are likely to be ones that players might see first (and many official videos have those ships shown), it is a good idea to redesign them to handle air. Considering that an engineer might last maybe 10 minutes (I forget exact time limit) on a suit's built in oxygen tank, it is important that a new player learns how to handle air correctly from the start. A good place to start is to build good ships. The fact that ships got redesigned should be viewed as something that had to happen for the good of the game.

By the way, from what I understand, this is not the first time that the ships got redesigned. I believe that these changes makes the current large red ship the mk 3 version in the series. Things like glass were added to the mk 2 version. I don't really know much about the editions so don't expect me to be able to answer them.

By the way, if you are complaining about having too much stuff at the start, then maybe you should play lone survivor. A hint, you should power things down before you do anything else on that map. You will run out of power quickly if you don't have a plan.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. irinia

irinia Trainee Engineer

The crashed red ship scenario has been like that for many months, at least. I've never seen the hard version, though I've heard stories. You could always use a spawn ship replacement and the asteroids scenario if you're looking for harder. I made one myself that you have to disassemble for parts to get a base running. It's quite hairy for a bit on apocalyptic meteors, while you use the solar cells to convert materials to build a station size small reactor.

4. Echillion

Echillion Senior Engineer

It got pimped out....

5. Koder

Koder Apprentice Engineer

Yep, I do the same thing. Asteroids Scenario, my custom spawn ship, 1x (Forced first person for an even more challenging experience). My respawn ship mod is out of date though. I'm waiting until Planets are released before I overhaul it again.

6. Devon_v

Devon_v Senior Engineer

You can fix it by turning on meteors and letting them pummel it for a while before you start playing to simulate greater damage.

I'm not sure if Crashed Red Ship is supposed to be hard though. It does start you with an awful lot of resources, especially all those large thrusters. Even the old version was quite the caché of glass, motors, and computers.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  7. littggr

littggr Trainee Engineer

I've been using your respawn ship for months now :) it's a great small ship for a difficult start.

8. BlackUmbrellas

BlackUmbrellas Senior Engineer

What about doing the same thing to one of the Easy Start map with the green station, and then setting all the pre-existing ships to be enemies?

9. howardxu23

howardxu23 Trainee Engineer

hmm the crashed red ship is the older version of a red ship I think, after doing some exploring. however, there is a oxygen gen on board, but it looks as though it has been slapped on, after the oxygen update.

10. Harrekin

Harrekin Master Engineer

Check the date on the posts.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.