Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

What Is Wrong With This Game?

Discussion in 'General' started by Ironsword, Apr 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Ironsword Trainee Engineer

Ok ever since the new 7.0 updates my game has been running very choppy with mods loaded in the game. It never used to do this. This game is so unstable I don't enjoy playing it anymore! There are bugs galore!
    - Whenever I chop a tree down the logs and branches tend to go flying everywhere at times.
    - The hit boxes are all interrupted you cannot even chop a tree most of the time until you remove a bush or something near it to clear the hit box.
    - When building a stone wall I have noticed that the hit box on some walls disappears. Like when I need to remove one there is no hit box. I have to dig around the wall to somehow hopefully create one or sometimes place a wall on or around it before I can remove it.
    - When mods are loaded into the game it runs super choppy. I can't even record my series on youtube because the game is crap.
    - There is no sound for the crossbow when fired or loading
    - No sound for my footsteps or the barbarians either

Is anyone else experiencing this? Or is it just me? Are these legit bugs?
    --- Automerge ---
    Anybody? Hello?

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Ironsword Trainee Engineer

Hello? anyone paying attention here?

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. bleakhead Trainee Engineer

You are right, the performance took a great hit after last update. Me too and I have a realy good PC. So I think the waiting game started (waiting for next update)

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Thales M. Junior Engineer

I think some of the game elements require a renewed vision and purpose.

For example what's the purpose of roof blocks? I can cover top of my house with basic floors instead of roofs, and doing so this costs less and I'd have terraces. In real world, roofs are for the protection against rain/snow and the water erosion which they bring.

Another example; in an engineering game that has advanced structural integrity, these types of structures shouldn't stand standing:
    Left one (3 stone cubes) would collapse immediately. Right one (half arch) should be a complete arch block instead of half arch.
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Cetric Junior Engineer

Not sure about the left one, but ledges, protrusions like the right one are possible. Think of internal helpers of structural integrity, like long stone beams embedded into the mason work, or a very good cement binding stones. Even timber beams (heavy wood like oak) add to strength.

6. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

i hear you but those are imagined elements and not actual structural additions within the game? for example if i wanted a single sided arch i would have to add the stone rebar like support... those could be cool block adds!

7. Cetric Junior Engineer

Sure, imagined elements... but is it really necessary to depict graphically all what an architectural part may feature inside its structure? If we know about means which increase statical durability?
    Still, it has limits when you have structural integrity switched on - too much mass on thin foundations and it will all collapse. I am content with the way it is. In Thales' left exemple you may want to add more blocks on the other side of that stone mass, how could you do so if the program would let your work immediately collapse because "it won't hold"? At least we would need a timer if the game would consider this to be prone to collapsing, so you can still add blocks which give stability from the other side.
    --
    For eye candy, you can still employ some timbers which symbolize additional supports, even if they don't actually contribute anything but optics. I usually did so under a roof, in attics.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

and the beauty of ME is the sandbox platform for which any mod could be made to do this, for example i remember the reinforced stone block mod...

9. boromir Apprentice Engineer

I agree totally with the OP and sorry to highjack your thread, but what's with all the elimination of the immersion? Can't put anything on the crafting table anymore, it just magically pulls it from your inventory. Huh??? Scrolling through the long list of large icons is really annoying. The old interface was much easier to use and it felt like I was actually building something: moving things around from my satchel to the table and back. Now it just sounds like I'm building things.

There's a bug with the wall torch: we construct it on the table and the ingredients disappear but no torch appears when finished. Also, we can't research large blocks anymore: the step to build a large big boy block doesn't put it in your G menu so that you can do the step - dead end.

I don't like that I can build on an edge I can't see or reach: no need for hold your breath moments anymore; dang that was really exciting before!! Even better if you're afraid of heights!! Now it's all safe, no risk, no danger. This game changed drastically. Such a shame.

Last edited: May 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Cetric Junior Engineer

And what I am missing is the 'stonecutter mod' (no link because it was taken out of shop). Don't know if you remember this one. It was basically the building of beams made of stone instead of timber, in those varying lengths. So, in terms of supporting other structures, you could construct supports which were even more believable than pure wooden ones, in a greyish texture of one piece massive stone blocks.
    I asked Wolfgar, one of our talented modders, if he could revive that disappeared precious mod, let's see if anything happens in the future.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.