Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

What quality of life improvements would you like to see?

Discussion in 'General' started by SirConnery, Apr 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Malware Master Engineer

@Roxette "Change"? I'm pretty sure it's always been that way... and I disagree, I often want the view to stay as I've moved it. More often than not, even.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Roxette Senior Engineer

I'm pretty sure it has not, but maybe I should have been more specific - I'm talking about when in suit, not in a control seat of any kind.

3. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

IIRC the angle changed before they changed the character model the first time (and broke all the character animation mods), to reflect the "industry standard". There was brief talk of a toggle but most people just rolled with it.
    --- Automerge ---
    While I'm here, I'll just mention that removing the EVA suit would be a nice thing. For a brief time we were able to remove at least the helmet, but that didn't last.

If only we could shuck off the jetpack, helmet and giant backpack, then we wouldn't look so weird walking around on a planet with a breathable atmosphere or inside our painstakingly pressurized ships and stations.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Hmmm....

Text labels above each of the nine hot-keys times the nine sets of hot-keys. These 'scribble-strips" can be only a handful of characters to give a hint as to what the hot key actually does.
    You can set all 81 text fields from the cockpit/remote control/flight seat menu.

"Save hot-key layout" and "Load hot-key layout" in the terminal menu for all cockpit blocks. Saving the hot-key layout would serialize the 81 possible hotkey block-type and group names currently stored to the block's XML data. Loading it would create a search for the custom names and populate each hot-key with the first matching block found on the grid/sub-grid. This way when a grid is built from a projection or unmerged, you get your cockpit layout back. Of course if you don't give a unique custom name to your blocks you might get the wrong one. But it's better than what we currently have (nothing).

Removing the "low fuel" voice from the game. She's just annoying and nagging when you're running on battery power.

The bottom corner LCD. I'd make it actually fit in the CORNER rather than on the lip of the grid square. Try placing one for yourself and you'll notice that someone f'ed it up.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Hey, I'd also like the right side of the control menu...you know, the one that shows inventory and all that...to be alphabetized. I hate having to do a search all the time for a particular component.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. hippybaker Trainee Engineer

I would like to see timer blocks stackable. 1 block with like a thousand spaces in a drop down menu for different programs.

Of all the unrealisms (Gravity Drive) I see in this game, needing a huge block (that weighs how much?) to do what a TB does is the grandest.

Same for El Programo Blocko too, yo.

Just silly. 1 computers could do the job of thousands of TBs and PBs.

I mean C'mon... It's 2077 maan.
    *shakes fist

I swear they just leave gravdrive in there just so I can drag around an extra 68 timer blocks and not have a thruster flavored porcupine for a ship....

:p

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Burstar Apprentice Engineer

A robust input system ie: proper Joystick/gamepad support and a greater array of key/mouse bind options with modifier key support.

The ability to Ctrl+Alt+Shift+P for parking brake would probably save a lot of newbies so much grief.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. CalenLoki Trainee Engineer

I always use small grid TBs and TBs. 125 times more compact than large blocks, and you need just one rotor to connect them to your ship. So I'd rather want more efficient and streamlined way of connecting SG with LG.
    And sub-grid projector, so you don't need multiple blueprints for each ship.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. hippybaker Trainee Engineer

I do that too, but sometimes scripts are grid sensitive...

10. May Rears Apprentice Engineer

I just like to be able to set an assembler to auto-repeat deconstruct all. For some reason they broke this during the survival update. Scripts like Issy and TIM are too complicated for what I want, they try and take over my whole setup.

A simple script to do it would do me, I cant find one on the workshop that just does that without all the bells and whistles and my scripting skills are limited to being able to change light colours and LCD images.

11. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Hey, you just described me!

12. Jeronimous Trainee Engineer

Totally agree

13. kai769 Trainee Engineer

I would like to see all weapons being nerfed and all blocks strength being buffed so things a harder and take longer to destroy, having work that took days to build destroyed in seconds just demoralises people to continue.

14. KissSh0t Master Engineer

Reload mechanic / animation for player held weapon so my eye can stop twitching while thinking about how the ammunition is teleporting from the characters pocket and directly into the weapon.

Also actual enemy AI of some sort so I can do something in the game instead of not playing the game.

Ability to purchase pre-built vehicles for an amount of "currency" might be interesting.

Ability to sell mined ore for "currency"?

Ability to purchase a needed ore for "currency"?

Gameplay mechanics that make me want to play the game again........

15. mleise Trainee Engineer

Custom groups of blocks, so you can put all energy or all cockpit blocks in one slot of the hotbar.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. domingo Trainee Engineer

You need infrastructure for currency to be believable, somebody must be able to trade with engineer - otherwise it will be only quantum conversion of items ...

A "Golden Age Fallacy" is good enough for replay after longer time, however you will quit fast again if nothing important/substantial was changed to the better ;-)

I wonder why this was not thought of earlier ...

17. May Rears Apprentice Engineer

I suppose one more QOL improvement for me would be an overhaul of the mod selection interface. I would like to flag certain mods as favourites and either have those show at the top of the list or have a "load favourites" button.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. KissSh0t Master Engineer

I got excited when AI was teased quite a few years ago now but nothing has happened relating to that, the game has since shifted to be more multiplayer focused, something I did not purchase the game for..... so for me yes I did enjoy the game early on and have stuck around in the hope that it will get something to do in singleplayer.

• Like Like x 1
  19. mleise Trainee Engineer

It was added to the feature requests 8 months ago courtesy of Zoli K.: https://support.keenswh.com/spaceen...r-own-scrollable-block-groups-for-the-toolbar
    Most of the proposals in this thread already have a support entry, so just browse a bit or use the related topics links on the right and upvote your favorites. Because currently it looks like shield mods is what everyone is interested in. ;o)

• Like Like x 1
  20. domingo Trainee Engineer

TBH I no longer watch the support site.

Too many of them issues.
    And too many duplicates - sometimes because the person that wrote did not bother to search, or the original issue name did not matched the query or that person just wanted to highlight the issue by making duplicate.

Plus too many opinions on most ideas.

And too little "completed" ones - though I understand that the team is small and the amount of issues frighteningly big ...

21. Sentinel-Ghost Apprentice Engineer

Changing how Gyroscopes work would be nice. For instance by doing any or all of the following:

22. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

Currently you can make a gyroscope turn your ship at a specific rate, but you can't specify an azimuth i.e. you can't tell a gyro to yaw 90 degrees. I suspect this is why scripts for drones are so hard to write.

Or maybe that would make it harder. I don't know. More intuitive, though.

23. May Rears Apprentice Engineer

heres another one: Proper joystick support in a game where you are flying a lot.

While joysticks do work you cannot remap the functions or have to use mods.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. zachusaman Trainee Engineer

A way to be able to change projector projections and see the changes, IE if I change my projection's X value by 5 and not have to exit the screen and see the results. Also maybe images/tooltips for the projector modification types, like what does YAW mean?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  25. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Pitch, roll, and yaw refer to the perspective of rotation. It's best to think of a airplane.

Pitch is up and down... point the nose up, point the nose down.
    Roll is the perspective of the airplane rolling in flight: the left wing goes above the aircraft with the right lower (from the perspective distance to the ground)... and vise versa.
    Yaw is turning left or right.

Depending on how your blue print lines up, the front of the ship might not be considered the "front" of the projection.

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. Burstar Apprentice Engineer

That's what they're supposed to mean. IIRC they are mislabeled in game and consequently do not behave like they should, unless they fixed it.

27. zachusaman Trainee Engineer

I never remember any of that until I spend 15 minutes on a projector, a little icon next to the word would be nice, and making the interface a bit more transparent or something to actually see the changes would be even better.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.