Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

What size are the blocks?

Discussion in 'General' started by Lastin, Nov 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Lastin Trainee Engineer

I was just wondering what size in meters is each block: small, big, station.
    Anyone knows?

2. Mishka Junior Engineer

Small are 50cm square, large/station 2.5m

3. Rustyblades Trainee Engineer

I am thinking 2x2 or what height you assume the astronaut is for large/station blocks. I am assuming they used a standard height of 2 meters for the astronaut (accounting for helmet height and padded moon boots). That would make the small blocks 0.5m as it takes about a 4 block width bay to snug in a large ship torpedo.

4. bacondeity Apprentice Engineer

This.

5. Mishka Junior Engineer

Dont forget your guy is wearing a space suit and there is space above his head but yea its 2.5m and 5 small blocks fit into a large one width wise

6. Blako Apprentice Engineer

http://spaceengineerswiki.com/FAQs

Q: Why are the blocks 0.5 and 2.5 meter blocks?
    A: 2.5 meter because the astronaut/engineer is 1.85m tall and if he wants to run and jump, he needs some space above his head. 2.5m ceiling seems reasonable. 3m would be too much. 0.5m - it still too early to say if this was the best shot, but we wanted "small enough" but "not too much to give rise to performance problems". Right now it looks ok, but only future will tell.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.