Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

What to do with gravel?

Discussion in 'Survival' started by bleakhead, Apr 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. bleakhead Trainee Engineer

Since we have to dig into the ground to get ores, if no hot spots arround, we get a huge ammount of gravel. Gravel is only used for reactors correct?

So what is the other advantage to have gravel? It should not state of the art to throw it away.

2. KissSh0t Master Engineer

I make an anus for my miner and then filter gravel and make miner poop.

Science!

3. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  4. bleakhead Trainee Engineer

Do you have a refenery on board?

5. KissSh0t Master Engineer

I do, I made it so gravel is not fed to it but instead shot out of the system so there is no wasted storage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. bleakhead Trainee Engineer

This is a good idea. Yes i think this is a good work around.

7. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

On my latest miner I created a stone to ore extracting area. I think I have like four basic refineries in it. The first sorter white lists stone and pulls from my general cargo area. The second sorter feeds back into the general cargo area and blacklists gravel. It'll work through a large grid large container of stone pretty quickly. When all of the fun is over I end up trapping a lot of gravel. I can then simply eject the gravel out of connectors dedicated to being ejectors. Gravel ejects a lot nicer than the current incarnation of 8kL of stone.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.