Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

What to do with Timer Blocks?

Discussion in 'General' started by russo_bolado, Nov 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

@Stardriver907 if it is the Mod from Digi pretty sure it still works. If not you can always do the Large rotor small head trick to lay out the small timers. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

I know it's a scary idea for Keen, but that mod should be standard, or they should figure out something that accomplishes the same task without creating whatever exploit it is that they don't like.

3. hippybaker Trainee Engineer

Use a rotor. Now you can fit 5x5x5 timers in one large grid block..

• Late Late x 1
  4. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

In the current game build, I'm using two of them to cycle H2/O2 generators on and off to refill the tanks on my hydrogen engines. Leaving the generators on and constantly topping up your engines wastes a lot of ice. So I one set to a long cycle then turn the generators on and then trigger the second timer set to a much shorter cycle that turns the generators off and then starts the first timer again in a loop.

5. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

This is a viable solution for people that are mod-adverse. However, Digi's script is a more elegant solution for people like me that have no problems with mods (well, we have problems, but not about actually using a mod ;)) What I would like is for a solution like Digi's to become standard so that pure-vanilla players can use multiple blocks in their builds without having to mount them on a rotor first. Let's face it, if you are going to go the timer block route you are likely to use more than one, which means you are likely going to be hard pressed to find a place to put them. They're just unrealistically huge for what they do, even if you manage to use all 81 slots. If they were smaller they would probably get used more. More players would them get exposed to the wonderful world of systems engineering, one of those "engineering" things people say the game doesn't provide.

Now I'm kinda glad this thread got revived.

6. May Rears Apprentice Engineer

Not to mention that H2/O2 generators use a shedload of power now when crunching ice, they were power hogs before but now...jeez.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.