Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

What wacky/crazy things are you going to build?

Discussion in 'General' started by LostElement, Feb 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. LostElement Apprentice Engineer

I want to build a 1:1 Scale Bastille.
    [​IMG]
    I believe that it'd be the largest/ craziest thing I'd ever build

There is going to be that one person who is going to launch a house at a castle via stupidly large catapult.

2. Wintersend Senior Engineer

While not necessarily wacky, I will create mobile assault vehicles armed with anti personnel ballista and/or anti vehicle/siege ballista.

For wacky inventions. I will also attempt to create a ballista that fire people with gliders over castle walls.

3. TodesRitter Moderator

Mines of moria

4. Martinineter Senior Engineer

That's from LOTR, right?

5. Lord Llewyn Of Cadbury Trainee Engineer

I'd love to be able to build Hogwarts

[​IMG]

6. Grendel Apprentice Engineer

I wasn't planning on Re-creating Moria per say, but I do have plans to have a castle on either side of a mountain connected by a subterranean Hall

I'm also curious about the Gear Blocks and how mobile those will be. (I have visions on a 60 foot tall gear operated Wooden Robot :D )

7. Spleenslitta Trainee Engineer

I want to make a trebuchet that launches a wooden bathtub full of rocks. Problem is that there is no way to put it on wheels since it will be very broad to be structuraly sound.
    So i will have to assemble it either onsite or make each part seperatly. Use a crane to load the parts onto carts which i drag to the firingspot along with 1 smaller crane and heavy winch.

The small crane to lift stuff and another type of heavy winch to pull up the tower of the bigger crane (also in parts like the trebuchet) i will need to put the trebuchet togheter.
    I will probably need 2 of this big cranes to keep stuff under control.
    Let's just hope ME will have something equalent to merge blocks or this will be a major pain.

I will also need at least 1 of these heavy winches to aim the direction the trebuchet fires in.

8. Wintersend Senior Engineer

Wow, that is even funnier than launching a house at a castle lol.

9. LostElement Apprentice Engineer

Maybe I'll make an oversize crane, then make a castle under the crane, and then make the crane pick up the castle, and use the castle as a giant battering ram.

10. Kylar_Reed Trainee Engineer

I want to create a small catapult/balista on a pivot so I can place them on my walls for defensive purposes

11. Wintersend Senior Engineer

That isn't exactly wild and crazy. A ballista that shoots smaller ballista or towers would be wild and crazy.

12. soat7ch Junior Engineer

I wangt to build a dam on a mountain, fill it up with rocks and logs. As soon as someone gets too close i'll use a huge hammer on a pivot to smash the wall and release all the rubble onto him.

13. calxllum Apprentice Engineer

Skeletor skull castle.
    With ballista's in the eyes of the skull.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2015
  14. TodesRitter Moderator

Yes or maybe Erebor :love:

15. Yossarian Trainee Engineer

dual balista on weels with a atached windmill, switchable in driving and autofiring mode via stone magazine

... lets see if that plan works out^^

16. Chrono13 Apprentice Engineer

I want a skull gate on my castle that breathes fire!

Also a Siege Tower... that also breathes fire!

17. Ingenio Ingens Apprentice Engineer

I want a normal, structurally sound castle.

...and it also has to fly.

18. calxllum Apprentice Engineer

I flying castle? Now that sounds like some grade A heresy...

19. Martinineter Senior Engineer

That depends, as long as the 3 laws are not being voilated, all is fine.

20. Ingenio Ingens Apprentice Engineer

Bernoulli's principal!

21. Wintersend Senior Engineer

I think a mobile castle that can fly for short distances, perhaps using a large helicopter-esque array, much like is found on the helicarrier, might be better than a constantly flying castle. It would still require a large expenditure of effort, but coupling that with hot air ballon systems may work to allow for short range hovering.

For reference for those who don't know what the helicarrier is:
    [​IMG]

22. Grendel Apprentice Engineer

ok so Gear operated 60 Foot robot of death with Castle Throwing Mega Catapults which are also throw by giant Trebuchets
    :D

23. Grendel Apprentice Engineer

oh a more serious note, Depending on what they do with the world generation, I want to build an Elevator through the core with a castle on either end

24. Wintersend Senior Engineer

I've got another one. Building a catapult near my mine or farm that hurls supplies into my warehouse by dividing the materials to be transported into packages of similar weight and sending them into a very sturdy bin such that most force is applied straight down instead of to the side.

And perhaps ramp like in Omashu

25. eldarstorm Junior Engineer

+1

26. Ingenio Ingens Apprentice Engineer

+1

27. Spleenslitta Trainee Engineer

Obviously we will have our share of failures. I decided what to do with my failures. Launch them whole or in pieces at my enemies with my special trebuchet.

28. Epic Trainee Engineer

Minas Tirith (The Lord of The Rings), though working with the physics of M.E. this may be a very hard task.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2015
  29. Sweet Autumn Trainee Engineer

I want to build a small city for myself, nothing extraordinary, just a modest little city. With lots of windmills.

To power the four massive legs underneath it allowing it to move across the land.

30. Yossarian Trainee Engineer

build a proper foundation with the voxel hand and you should be fine^^

if not.... congratulations you have created the biggest pile o' rubble in ME history :D

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.