Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

whats the scoop on the bugs are they getting fixed or not.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Tamagotchii, Jun 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Tamagotchii Trainee Engineer

bugs in question are

the Hopper drop bug
    the 1x1x1 small welder bug
    the fly through the cockpit and die bug on exit pilot seat
    the wolf not attacking bug.
    the cant repair broken machinery bug until you damage it a small bit further
    the float off floor while in motion bug - failing magnetic boots?

all of these are seemingly game breaking to me and have since quit playing.
    I have been checking back with the forums to see if anything has been done but nothing but visual updates
    I can clearly see the bugs, visuals aren't what I think the majority of us are looking for.

2. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

the 1x1x1 small welder bug https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=857053359
    the wolf not attacking bug. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1336820054&searchtext=wolf+spider+ai]
    [​IMG]
    community mods to fix things until the next update i guess.

I don't consider those gamebreaking. annoying. but not your entire ship exploding because of one little scrap plate boi got a bit freaky as you rotate your ship and it decided to break a large cargo container releasing a ton of oversized ore rocks and parts causing more explosions.
    then a rotor and piston laugh and join in.

3. Tesseract5 Trainee Engineer

Agreeing, visuals are kind of minor when your past three hours' creation explodes for no reason at all...
    by the way, what about the "Wheels randomly exploding"-Bug?

4. Burstar Apprentice Engineer

You can work around the wheels bug by not using parking brake.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Arcturus Senior Engineer

The testers can't reproduce it, so it won't be fixed.

To get it fixed, someone has to come up with a way to make the bug happen on demand, and give it to them. This is often a save file or blueprint.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Tamagotchii Trainee Engineer

Ive sent video reproductions and blueprints.
    gets replies like "its a known bug" "we are working on it" or "will be fixed in future update" a bunch of hot air excuses to buy time it seems to me.. as nothing has happened so far in regards to any of the major submitted bugs.

how hard can it be to fix the wolves for gosh sake.

• Late Late x 1
  7. Zhiila Tester Staff

Hi,

the Hopper drop bug - If you mean collector, this is already fixed on our branch
    the 1x1x1 small welder bug - Also fixed.
    the fly through the cockpit and die bug on exit pilot seat - This is not being worked on right now as we don't have any reliable steps to reproduce, it seems to be quite rare and random :(
    the wolf not attacking bug. - This is not planned for now
    the cant repair broken machinery bug until you damage it a small bit further - I don't think I've heard about the bug.
    the float off floor while in motion bug - failing magnetic boots? - There was more issues around mag boots and a lot of them is fixed already. Can you be more specific?

Exploding wheels - we are still looking for it.

If you have some reproduction steps for any issue above, you can share it here.

There wasn't an update for a long time because the next one will be one of the biggest so far, I believe it will be worth waiting.

8. Calaban Junior Engineer

The exit pilots seat/control panel to go splat seems repeatable though: simply get in a large ship control station, speed up to 100 m/s get out, float around with dampeners off for a bit (check a cargo hatch to grab an O2 bottle or something), inertial dampener drift back to your control seat (at 100 m/s still) take control, come to a stop... then get off the seat= SPLAT.

Your suit dampener speed-thingy still thinks its going 100 m/s from when you got into the chair.. for just long enough for you to be a bug smear

9. Burstar Apprentice Engineer

The exploding wheels seems to happen on Dedicated servers. A rover parked with the parking brake will have its wheels suddenly explode and dissappear. It occurs randomly but more often when all players have left the area and returned.

I cannot reproduce it as it happens on DS. Blueprints won't help either. If you have a rover that uses wheels place it on Earth in dedicated server and set the parking brake (via P), then go read a book or something.

Edit: for some reason I can't get this behaviour to occur anymore. A similar wheel issue where docking caused wheels to fly off no longer happens either. Was there a shadow patch that fixed this in the last couple months?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  10. Tamagotchii Trainee Engineer

To recreate the damaged machinery not being able to be repaired. This one is getting ridiculously aggerating.
    1: survival mode
    2 :build any operational ship with cockpit thrusters and gyro
    3: bump into an asteroid damaging any part of the ship
    4: now have Fire and smoke or the ELECTRICITY FIELD will appear around damaged part.
    5: if electricity field or fire and smoke is present use a station welder or a weld ship to attempt fixing the damaged part. """NOT your hand welder""""
    6: notice that it will not repair.
    7: some parts have 3 build stages placed stage, partial completed and finished stage. Break the part down to first placed stage (same as when capturing a space pirate). and notice the HP at functional and hack are also not in sync with the stages like they should be in this particular bug so there's 2 bugs in one here.
    8: Use station welder or a weld ship on the damaged machinery
    9. Observe part can now be repaired and successful bug recreation.

To recreate the instant death on pilot seat exit
    1. survival mode
    2. enter pilot seat and accelerate to 80 ms or above the more the better for bug recreation
    3. Turn ship 180'
    4. exit pilot seat
    5. observe engineer is traveling approx same speed as ship at this point
    5. enter pilot seat and land on planet ship is at 0ms.
    6. exit pilot seat
    7. insta death as the simulation thinks the engineer is still in space traveling at 80+ms when he entered the command or pilot seat.

To recreate failing magnetic boots
    1: survival mode in space
    2. zero Gravity
    3: Large flat platform made of 100x100 conveyor blocks to be simple. also can recreate with large light armor blocks. platform can be connected to asteroid or not bug is still re creatable.
    4. land the engineer on the platform and turn the jetpack off
    5. magnetic boots will activate
    6. Run from one end to the other and back again.
    7. observe failing magnetic boots in zero gravity the engineer floats away from the platform and does not stop.

The hopper drop bug was the one of the ones I was referring to. Thanks for fixing that

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  11. Zhiila Tester Staff

@Tamagotchii

1. I was able to reproduce and reported small ship welder not repairing.

2. Could you make a video with 2nd issue? I am not sure what I am doing wrong but i am not reproducing it this way. We have similar case reported, where player dies in Lander after leaving seat, it could be the same issue.

3. I didn't reproduce 3rd issue either but I think it's fixed because even when I was running on conveyors like crazy, I didn't fly away.

Thank you for detailed Steps to reproduce, I appreciate your effort!!

12. Tamagotchii Trainee Engineer

Here is the video of the failing magnetic boots as you can see they released from the platform 4 times in the video.

--- Automerge ---
    Here is the video of the Damaged Machinery bug that will not repair. This is a major concern. watch closely don't get confused about what's actually happening here.

--- Automerge ---
    Here is the video of insta death after landing and leaving flight seat... fastfwd to 7:30

13. Calaban Junior Engineer

wow.. got enough.. welders there?? small ions there???

Maybe thats why you keep getting killed. Clang is just greatly offended.

:p

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Tamagotchii Trainee Engineer

any progress on the damaged machinery bug are you able to reproduce?

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.