Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

When are we going to get more recent exploration ships in single player?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Calaban, Jan 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Calaban Junior Engineer

Over 90% of the derelicts encountered are showing their age-

- no oxygen systems (a very old addition to the game)
    - very few reverse thrusters (from before the inertial dampeners got fixed, a looong time ago)
    - No sign of sliding doors

Sure they are supposed to be abandoned wrecks and all but... well you know what I'm getting at.

Even the mods that add ships to find are showing their age in a similar way (Endless Factions comes to mind).

When can we expect to have a fresh influx of Exploration ships added to the "spawn" library?

I would hate to think that the workshop content has faltered to the point there isnt enough newer ship designs available. I sincerely hope that this is not the case.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Robotnik V Apprentice Engineer

There's more than enough new designs, it appears Keen just can't be bothered to give the job to any of their employees. At the very least, it takes one person with no programming experience, and one computer to change a blueprint into a prefab file, and then update the spawn list. It isn't hard to do, and is at most repetitive.

3. Malware Master Engineer

As always it's about priorities and time, not difficulty. Replacing the ships will take quite a bit of time: Each ship to add must be downloaded and evaluated manually to determine if it's suitable to be added. This was not done properly last time, and you can see how that worked out. Do you really want them to spend time on this now, rather than something else? In my opinion, compared to the rest of the game, this is far from an important aspect of the game and can be dealt with much later.

4. Elfi Wolfe Apprentice Engineer

They can always be added after game is out of beta.

5. Robotnik V Apprentice Engineer

Get Aragath to work on it. He is the level designer.

6. Malware Master Engineer

That's not all he does ;)

7. Calaban Junior Engineer

The Raven is a great example of a design that in the end may not have been evaluated to be suitable before it got added... and look what that ship did to the game:

It added culture a bit! The ship of COURSE was empty and abandoned... the darn thing was CURSED, and was going to get you killed. :D

Failed and partially self blown apart ships would be more suitable for derelict finds in any case. Glitchy could = haunted/malevolent AI in the programming block, etc.

But yea Aragath makes very nice ships designs (I'm in love with the R.U.S.T stuff... even did some google fu searching to find out more about R.U.S.T. - but to no avail.

8. Elfi Wolfe Apprentice Engineer

Be even worse, could run across an Area Denial mine.

9. Calaban Junior Engineer

The Yellow and white minesweeper comes to mind...

"good GOD dont bump it!!! its entire back end is strung up with warheads!!"

10. Elfi Wolfe Apprentice Engineer

Or even worse, area denial package attached to a launch bay. Keeps firing missiles every time it lases you, till out of ammo.

11. Me 10 Jin Apprentice Engineer

I have a scheme to quickly (under an hour) turn one ship blueprint into a few dozen wrecked variants. Would the exploration/encounters roster benefit from being chock-full of mass produced wrecks or does the community prefer undamaged derelicts and artisanal wrecks?

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.