Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

When will the forced "creative mode" end?

Discussion in 'General' started by SanquaL, Nov 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. SanquaL Trainee Engineer

Hello guys!

I am just curious when will the forced "creative mode" end and the whole resource gathering, processing and building starts? Is there any information on that? I could not find any. I am really looking forward to start the whole process where I am forced to watch my resources.

Do not get me wrong. It is fine that you can make some ships from infinite amount of blocks, it is super cool to make blueprints (if they will be enabled) but I am a little bit afraid that the current joy will go pretty fast.

SanquaL

2. Kamoba Senior Engineer

It'll be ready when it's bugless, remember this is still Alpha, the Devs didn't need to make it early access ;)

But they are releasing more regularly!!

I just enjoyed testing the landing gears now they have magnetic lock capabilities (don't forget to turn off generators when you dock!)

But yes I am looking forward to this aspect of the game once released too!
    I tend to keep my builds small and cost effective :)

To answer your question:

They will be release gradually until the game is ready for final release. (Unknown date)

Hope this helps

3. SanquaL Trainee Engineer

I'm pretty familiar with the release concept since I have been a game developer for 5 years. I exactly know what I should expect from Alpha builds and what does and early access / soft release means :D

I also had some fun with the landing gears yesterday. I was just thinking... the hype of crashing huge ships will fade away sooner or later, but if the devs can release non-creative mode they could buy an extreme amount of time for themselves to actually develop other important aspects of the game, like the multiplayer. I think it might help to keep a healthy amount hype and could help possibly avoiding "hit and run" players (who actually tries the game, but leaves because of no "content").

On the other hand: I don't like to destroy things. I value my creations. Haven't crashed a single one of them on purpose. It would give me way more appreciation and pride towards my ships and bases. (and I am pretty sure there are others out there who thinks the same)

I've read that somewhere that they are ready with the drilling and tools, but they are still under verification. I was just curious if the devs have already stated an estimated date.

Anyways, thanks for the info,
    SanquaL

4. Kamoba Senior Engineer

Perhaps if they release the repairs and build aspect first, so that building times increase ten fold?

It'll add challenge but keep it free of resources...

Obviously it depends on how buggy etc it is :)

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.