Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Where are the female avatars?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by newtype06, Oct 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. newtype06 Trainee Engineer

It's a bit odd being a chick and playing as a beardmanbrodude. Just a bit of a minor annoyance than anything. But we ladies are engineers too!

Thanks for your time!

• Like Like x 1
    • Late Late x 1
  2. Merandix Junior Engineer

Either you're in the wrong forum section (this is Medieval Engineers), or you need to build a wardrobe where you can change your character's gender.

edit: though I believe the default gender in ME is female. So I'm gambling that you're in the wrong section :p

3. Saberwulfy Apprentice Engineer

Wikipedia 2077
    " The current fashion is women wear beards, the look of lumberjack bear being the perfect connoisseur of beauty "

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Pharap Apprentice Engineer

Merandix is right that in Medieval Engineers you can change your character's sex by building a wardrobe.
    (It isn't an option in Space Engineers though.)

I'm all for adding an option to choose before starting the game though.

(Personally though, despite being a beardmanbrodude I never felt weird playing as a chick in Tomb Raider or Portal and I'd probably not notice in Mengies, I'd be too busy collecting resources to notice.)

5. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

yeah it oddly seems to be something you don't always notice when your just put in as a character. :)
    but since we have had the ability to change suits via mods and since ME has a fem-gnineer model.
    players will want one and humorously enough once you add a female model.
    players will then want different races of engineers.
    even though we'll only really see a face once the helmet visor lifts up...
    I just like the thought of flipping up my visor to show a terminator inside or skeleton! an undead engineer
    like the Y-17 trauma override harness from fallout new vegas.
    really creepy...don't give your space suit the ability to take over motor control.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pharap Apprentice Engineer

As much as I'd welcome that, I think there are many more important issues (unless the modellers and animators aren't busy).
    Maybe that's one for the modders to handle for now.

Always a classic.
    LIke the Space Kook from Scooby Doo.
    [​IMG]

Or the Vashta Nerada from Doctor Who.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. FoolishOwl Apprentice Engineer

Moderators, could you move this thread over to the suggestions and feedback section for Space Engineers?

On the feedback site for Space Engineers, there's a suggestion, Female character, that's gotten a large number of votes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dan2D3D Moderator

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.