Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Where's The Fun?

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain_Brian, Jan 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Clyde A Glide Trainee Engineer

^This...I would kill for it!.

2. BB.JoeNado Trainee Engineer

I personally am more interested in building contraptions than castles. I would rather have a BOSS cart/trebuchet/battering ram/crane than a fortress.

3. Edw19909 Trainee Engineer

it seems clear that you don't know what the game was supposed to be. it is about creating medieval contraptions. medieval engineers is a medieval version of space engineers and if you remember in SE they said this is not about cool wars and giant space battles it was about what you create. I find the fun easy in ME. in ME i cant wait to build a gigantic trebuchet, replica of minas tirith and Barad-dûr. Thou having first person stronghold in the game would only be a plus i dont really care much about it. Multiplayer might create something in that sense thou. Listen to the name medieval "ENGINEERS" that means that its about engineering medieval contraptions.

4. Chrono13 Apprentice Engineer

Drive-by quote!

<h3 class="post-title">“Fixed fortifications are monuments to man's stupidity,” George S. Patton</h3>

5. Lexator Trainee Engineer

So in other words what you saying is that we must all rather just go play age of empires? lol or that the devs must add age of empires to ME and we play 3rd person as one if the soldiers? Hahahaha
    But good point though with mobile base theory .guess you will have to find massive contraptions to build that could break at random points to keep it exciting then? Or even build your castle in massive wooden platform with wheels to role down Camelot with. Pimp your castle! Haha

6. calxllum Apprentice Engineer

Mate, that's Stronghold not AoE. Get yo facts straight.

But if you like AoE and castle building try Stronghold Crusader.

7. Chrono13 Apprentice Engineer

Ahem, Siege tower anyone?

8. Lexator Trainee Engineer

Omg yes!!!!!!! Lol they totally had those with cow hides on as armor!!!!!!

9. Chrono13 Apprentice Engineer

Indeed, to protect against fire arrows. Leather and furs do not burn easily.

10. GraphicsAndBeer Apprentice Engineer

I have to agree, I know Barbarians might be in the game and it needs it. For me, single player Space Engineers became boring after a while. I just don't have hours to mine and slowly build. For me I have limited time, and I would like building and action.

To me it seems like SE would be a lot easier to have "mobs". They can be tiny drones that fly towards the player, and we have no mobs. In ME they have to have walking paths. I think it will be a long long time until we see Barbarians.

If we got "mobs" for ME and SE at the same time I would be silly happy!

11. Chrono13 Apprentice Engineer

Actually programming mobs that only move in two dimensional space in considerably simpler then programing mobs to fly starships in 3 dimensional space. And don't give me that "up and down hills" is 3 dimensional space, you know what I mean. Walking forward, backward turning left and right is really easy, and there is a lot of already existing AI on the market to use if they want. Flying through space, not quite as much.

12. Martinineter Senior Engineer

Fun is what you make of it...

13. cptsteel Trainee Engineer

Quote:<div class="quote_body">Fun is the enjoyment of pleasure, particularly in leisure activities. Fun is an experience - short-term, often unexpected, informal, not cerebral and generally purposeless. It is an enjoyable distraction, diverting the mind and body from any serious task or contributing an extra dimension to it. Although particularly associated with recreation and play, fun may be encountered during work<sup class="noprint Inline-Template Template-Fact" style="color: rgb(37, 37, 37); line-height: 1; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 11.19px; white-space: nowrap;">[citation needed]</sup>, social functions, and even seemingly mundane activities of daily living. It may often have little to no logical basis, and opinions on whether or not an activity is fun may differ. A distinction between enjoyment and fun is difficult but possible to articulate,<sup id="cite_ref-1" class="reference" style="color: rgb(37, 37, 37); line-height: 1; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 11.19px;">[1]</sup> fun being a more spontaneous, playful, or active event. There are psychological and physiological implications to the experience of fun.
    </div>

True, but the game should appeal to the most gamers if people don't like the game because you have to do loads of manual work its a failure in my book. Not saying it will fail but to be successful this game really needs npcs to complete these tasks. The alternative is mining a quarry hours on end to obtain rock and build your castle. Never mind transportation of materials and masonry. And part of engineering is solving resources transportation problems by building roads, bridges. None of it is possible without a workforce. Don't get me wrong I don't mind mining for a few hours at a time but projects would remain small at that pace.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.