Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Which programs can I create gameplay video in SE?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by laci4321, Aug 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. laci4321 Trainee Engineer

Hello everybody,

I tried Bandicam today, but while Bandicam is running, I see nothing on every LCD screen in the game. Before I buy a new superfluous program, I have to ask: How do you record your gameplay videos?

2. RAmar Trainee Engineer

I use a program for streaming and recording called Open Broadcaster. It's literally the only program that works properly with lots of features for free and without advertisements or watermarks overlaying the video. Just search in google for "Open Broadcaster". Works with Twitch/Youtube and more for streaming and it can record game play for later upload. Can capture any screen or capture a game window alone, allows you to modify the elements of the video in real time to add face camera, images, text and titles if you want. Works with web cams, HD video cameras (provided they have web cam setting). It also records from Microphone, Line-In, and Playback. So you can capture game audio with your voice.

Everything else but Open Broadcaster is just adware, spyware and payware. I've tried over 74 (actual number) of similar programs and they are all garbage.

3. BardTale Apprentice Engineer

I think the OP is trying to create a video in game rather than record a video. Hence, why the LCD screen is not displaying the captured video output.

And as was mentioned above, the LCD screens in game do not have that capability (yet?). For the time being, they can only display preset pictures (Or pictures through modpacks) and text. What I think you're mistaking for in game video is the ability to set a url for scenarios to open up a steam overlay browser and play a video.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.