Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Who could have built this?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sarekh, Jan 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Sarekh Senior Engineer

howdy, folks!

When I logged onto our server this morning I found a new medical bay to spawn upon. Curiously I spawned and found an unowned but very nicely modified military minelayer sitting there - with interior, refinery and assemblers. Additonally, a very well designed small mining craft was sitting on top of it.

The Minelayer had been dubbed Joseph Haydn II. No regular visitors of our server have ever used that painting system and I have never seen the name on the server - and no one knew who built it.

Question to you: does anyone know who the builder might have been? Serverlogs did not indicate a recent stranger and this must have been the work of many hours. I'd like to pay my respects to the creator!

[​IMG]SpaceEngineers_2015-01-14-12-38-32-483_FinalScreen by HMSCentaur, on Flickr

[​IMG]SpaceEngineers_2015-01-14-12-40-18-249_FinalScreen by HMSCentaur, on Flickr

[​IMG]SpaceEngineers_2015-01-14-12-38-57-941_FinalScreen by HMSCentaur, on Flickr

2. Aldakoopa Apprentice Engineer

Are you sure it's not some random exploration craft?

3. Martinineter Senior Engineer

With mods?

4. StuffYouFear Apprentice Engineer

It is most likely a spawned ship that is apart of the procedural generation, the thing that lets you fly really far out and infinite astroids.

All ships spawned like that have no owner and are open for anyone, and while they normaly have the reactors and batterys powered off, Id assume the solar panel was enough to power up the medbay, and as that was not owned by anyone, everyone on the server had free access to it.

The ship only recently spawned as someone had got close enough to where it should be at somepoint before you loged in.

As for the mods, no idea, maybe someone added them in, or may be apart pf the sbc file, as they would only load when loaded into a server with the correct mods as none of them look structual.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2015
  5. Sarekh Senior Engineer

Thx for all the input! It actually had some uranium active in the reactors and I am absolutely sure that this is a modified minelayer - I have seen this pesky thing too often go boom right before I destroyed the turrets. There is no picture of the front but if you see it then you will recognize it - apart from that someone could have modified one and then put it into exploration - but because I have never ever seen an exploration ship with mods before it did not cross my mind.

6. Aldakoopa Apprentice Engineer

What kind of mods are you talking about?

7. Martinineter Senior Engineer

Uhm, the plants, the pipes, the lamps, the bed all seen in the picture.

8. entspeak Senior Engineer

Yeah, this isn't an exploration spawn. Even the mining ship has a mod cockpit.

9. Aldakoopa Apprentice Engineer

Sorry, I'm viewing on my phone and couldn't tell much from the pictures. I have a small screen and didn't have my glasses on either.

10. Clunas Junior Engineer

Yeah with all the mods present, there is no way it is a spawned ship unless someone tweaked with the files or something (not sure if that is possible atm)

11. aboredteen1 Junior Engineer

nuke it from orbit...only way to be sure

12. kristakis Junior Engineer

Looking at the control panel, is every block owned by Nobody? In any case, disable the antennas, hack the medbay and move it before they get back :D

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.