Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Why have atmosphere?

Discussion in 'Survival' started by Kylar_Reed, Apr 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. pirate Apprentice Engineer

Darth Biomech suggested that you might pressurize an interior so that if your suit is pierced in a firefight or by some other hazard you aren't necessarily screwed in that instant.

2. Vermillion Senior Engineer

You'd need to be inside your presurized ship when you got shot for it to matter.
    In that case, you'd be shot by a boarding party and the first thing they would've done would be to leave the doors open.

3. piddlefoot Senior Engineer

Pressurized areas will take away from the design of using rotors to build hanger doors, they will have to make a large hanger door we just build so its stays airtight...So then were limited to whatever doors they give us instead of being able to build any type of door we like. Interior doors are great, and a couple of large neat doors for hanger bays wouldn't be bad either, but pressurized areas, just problematic.

4. Maul555 Apprentice Engineer

Then don't use it...

5. pirate Apprentice Engineer

You should be able to set the doors to auto-close, and a clever engineer compartmentalizes so one open airlock doesn't vent the entire ship. Besides, a boarding party has the same concerns as you - a single round piercing their suit would kill them in a vacuum.

You wouldn't pressurize your hangar, anyway. That's an enormous volume to fill up with oxygen that will get ejected into space when the doors open.

6. Ash87 Senior Engineer

Yeah, it's already been said: Don't pressurize your hanger bay. Put an airlock between your ship parking lot, and the pressurized areas. Problem solved.

7. Fixer Apprentice Engineer

For Hangar Doors, I will make a post in Suggestions.

8. Vermillion Senior Engineer

Don't.
    There are dozens of them, you'll just be told to use the search function then Totes will close it.

9. Grim Apprentice Engineer

Too late, Vermillion.

10. Fixer Apprentice Engineer

Yeah

Despite the fact I gave actual details on the suggestion about how it would work, etc, which was apparently never done before, it was still tagged.

I think they are a bit overzealous with that whole thread-closing thing. Wouldn't it be simpler to merge threads instead of closing them?

11. Vermillion Senior Engineer

There are probably over 1000 suggestions threads. That's a lot of searching to merge a few threads.
    Which is why we have the Suggestion MegaThread.

12. Conradian Moderator

Although pretty sure the megathread isn't being updated at the moment, so some newer ideas are getting replicated unnecessarily.

13. jlg81 Trainee Engineer

hey troll you give it a rest, fact is atmosphere is the 4 most popular thread, stop hating cause you want a easier time being a "pirate" space troll is all it is, takes no skill to use the grinder on poeple, this is some thing the devs are working on but dont want to promise, because of technology limitations, it is going to happen so deal with it

14. jlg81 Trainee Engineer

stop trolling wanna be space pirate, we dont care about your opinion so stop trying to flood the forums and hush people up about features you dont want cause you just wanna troll and gind peoples stuff get out of here

15. Kuu Lightwing Senior Engineer

You freaking bump a HALF-YEAR old thread to say "stop trolling" to someone?! Start making sense, man!

And, seriously, stop flooding the front page with multiple threads.

16. Willemina Senior Engineer

Enhanced by being only a couple days old. :rolleyes:

17. Kuu Lightwing Senior Engineer

Are you sure? The Posts before 10/04 are dated 09/04 so it seems like it's just a weird date format. And the registration dates are like 27/06

18. Willemina Senior Engineer

jlg. 13/10/14.

19. Volfram Senior Engineer

Bonus points for bumping with a double-post.

Unrelated: Mina, when did you become Mom of the Year?

20. Willemina Senior Engineer

After my last post on the RP thread.

21. Volfram Senior Engineer

I fell in love with Blumenkranz the moment the first notes of it drifted over the speakers.

22. jlg81 Trainee Engineer

uh oh forum police here, go screw your self

23. Kuu Lightwing Senior Engineer

Let me guess, someone stole your sweetroll?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2014
  24. Conradian Moderator

He thinks everyone is against his arguments and so attacks their persona, when most of us are against his actions on the forums instead.

25. Tcsisek Junior Engineer

No not just the forum police, just the VAST mojority of the forums, while I thank you for bringing this thread back, you did it in the worst way I can possibly imagine. Please take my advise add to conversations not call someone a troll, tell someone to screw themselves, or just being rude in genral. That reminds me of when I played call of duty multiplayer, to many screaming kids to even remotly enjoy a decent run n gun game.

26. Tcsisek Junior Engineer

That reminded me of fallout 3's intro, I need to play that game again sometime.

27. JayCo2013 Apprentice Engineer

Jlg81 your breaking almost half the rules about posting on the forum.
    Also you DID in fact restart a thread that was last posted on back in APRIL, and you did it not with an appropriate reply comment about the topic but with an insult to someone specific which breaks the rules again, Not to mention you accused them of trolling now with a comment they made back in APRIL......
    Also to correct another comment, the dates are all correct, and I suggest that person double check because noone's registry is from 27/06?????
    Moderators please CLOSE this thread as it is outdated. Thanks.

28. Conradian Moderator

Jay... Reviving threads isn't against the rules on these forums. It's preferred rather than cluttering the forums with another thread that says exactly the same thing. Keep the discussion in one place rather than having 500 separate small discussions.

29. Kuu Lightwing Senior Engineer

[​IMG]

30. Willemina Senior Engineer

Hahaha, excellent.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.