Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Why is one connector "orange" and another "red" in the terminal list?

Discussion in 'Gameplay Help' started by FoolishOwl, Jul 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. FoolishOwl Junior Engineer

I'm trying to troubleshoot an apparent problem.

I've been working on a space station in creative mode, and at two places, I attached pistons to the conveyor network, and attached connectors to the pistons. As far as I can tell, they work fine: the pistons extend and retract, and I can dock with the connectors. But, when I look at the connectors in the terminal list, one shows as orange, the other as red. Nothing else does, including the pistons they're attached to. I've checked for damage on the connectors and pistons, and everything's at 100%. The conveyors all show green. I've tried replacing the connectors and pistons, and changing their orientation; where the old connector was listed as orange, the new one is listed as orange, and likewise for the one listed as red. As far as I can tell, the connectors and pistons are configured identically, so I don't know why they're two different colors.

I'm not sure what the colors are supposed to indicate; I've seen orange used in the terminal list for blocks on docked craft, for instance, but that doesn't apply here. I don't know if there's any actual problem, aside from the colors being different.

2. SilentShadow Apprentice Engineer

Different colors indicates subgrids. Your station is a grid but the piston is a separate grid. The more subgrids between the control panel your looking at and the connector, the more pronounced the color.

Rotors, pistons, and connector to connector are subgrids.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. FoolishOwl Junior Engineer

Ah, that explains a lot.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.