Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Why is this not turning all inactive welders on? (solved thanks to Meadea: use Enabled property to

Discussion in 'Programming Questions and Suggestions' started by RTM, Jan 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. RTM Apprentice Engineer

Code:
     void turnOnWelders(IMyGridTerminalSystem term, List<IMyTerminalBlock> welders)
            {
                int i_w = welders.Count;
                int i_tw_total = 0;
                var s_weld = String.Concat("Found ", i_w, " welders..");
                Debug(s_weld);

if (welders.Count == 0) return;
                for (int i = 0; i < welders.Count; i++)
                {
                    if (welders[i].IsFunctional == false)
                    {
                        welders[i].GetActionWithName("OnOff").Apply(welders[i]);
                        i_tw_total++;
                    }
                }
                s_weld = String.Concat("Turned on", i_tw_total, " welders..");
                Debug(s_weld);
            }

I'm stumped. Probably been at it for too long, it's one 0100 and I last ate at 0900...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2015
  2. Meadea Trainee Engineer

Does IsFunctional return that a welder is actually on, or is it just inherited from something? (i.e. to distinguish between IMyFunctionalBlock and other)

EDIT:
    It's inherited, IsFunctional doesn't do what you think it does, I can't see anything obvious in the API that will get that information
    (Maybe try the detailed info thing? Not sure.)

3. RTM Apprentice Engineer

I dunno, but the script seemed to work most of the time, but would not work all the time.

I mean, try it out..

4. Meadea Trainee Engineer

IsFunctional is inherited from IMyCubeBlock, I'm pretty sure it serves to distinguish if a block is an IMyFunctionalBlock.

Have you tried using welders.Enabled instead? * You might need to cast it to an IMyShipWelder interface, not sure

I'd also recommend checking that the elements of the array are actually welders (the input isn't shown in the script) though that's not a problem if the locations where its being called are doing it

I'd rather not start up Space Engineers, make a world and then run the script :/

5. Knsgf Junior Engineer

IsFunctional == true tells that the block integrity is above the red line. To check whether block is turned on use Enabled property:
    Code:
    if (welders[i].Enabled == false)

You can also use "OnOff_On" action, which will turn the block on regardless of its current state.

6. RTM Apprentice Engineer

Thanks!

I oughta know better than to try to script tired..

7. RTM Apprentice Engineer

Also, usually you get IMyTerminalBlock list or reference? back, so it needs to be cast to IMyShipWelder..

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.