Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Why no search bar in the production tab? Could cery useful

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by yoyDIY, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. yoyDIY Trainee Engineer

Why no search bar in the production tab?

2. Malware Master Engineer

Quite simply because they haven't gotten around to it ;)

This is something that comes up relatively often. They're aware of the issue, but as it's just an annoyance thing it doesn't have high priority.

• Like Like x 2
  3. yoyDIY Trainee Engineer

Okay makes sense, just out of interest sake, will it be a lot of effort to integrate it?

4. Malware Master Engineer

I wouldn't think so.

5. [flux] Trainee Engineer

6. PilotMax Apprentice Engineer

Again, the ever - lasting time management problem. As Malware told me on more than one ocassion, every minute spent working on something minor is a minute not spent on something major like planets or optimization.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ViroMan Senior Engineer

true, true... however the minor things tend to be easy and fast fixes. There is a point where fixing a plethora of minor fixes/annoyances is the better option to putting that time to a harder to do fix. It lends credibility to the games likelihood that it will get out of alpha/beta. Adding a search function here is fairly strait and easy... hell its practically a copy paste of code already in use.
    If a game has 1-3 big issues(rotors/pistons/wheels) that they are reportedly working on but, are not complete show stoppers while having a ton of annoying issues... I may not even consider looking into it until they get their act together more.

8. Malware Master Engineer

I disagree. To me it lends far more credibility that they prioritize the stuff people have the most trouble with - and I'm sorry, but that is not a mere annoyance like the assembler search... but rotors/pistons/wheels are, because they are potentially destructive. Plus the plethora of multiplayer streaming/syncing issues.

9. Stormigedon Trainee Engineer

@Malware sure working on the big issues is important, but fixing little issues like this can help refresh the creative juices. Small victories are good for moral. And in this specific instance it's not much more than a ten-fifteen minute fix, they can take one of the poor people working on pistons and rotors, presumably sitting at his desk blowing raspberries and make spit bubbles for the community must surely have driven them to madness by now, and let them work on something less nightmarishly difficult to fix.

10. Malware Master Engineer

Sure. And there's every chance that actually will happen, because it has from time to time. All I'm saying is that we shouldn't expect it to, because this is standard practice and generally a good thing. However there's also a billion and one of these kinds of little improvements to make, so even when those rare occations happen, there's no guarantee this is the feature that will be chosen...

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.