Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

why would you reduce a turret range.

Discussion in 'Survival' started by Mollymawk, Feb 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Mollymawk Trainee Engineer

Every time i build a turret.. i have to increase the range to max value.

I have never had make the range shorter..

why would you effectively limit a ranged weapon to be used as a mele weapon?

2. Neotician Apprentice Engineer

You might want to limit a turrets range for scenario reasons (eg. a base that doesn't just nuke a player from far away).
    Or, have a bank of turrets that only attack stuff that gets too close.

• Like Like x 1
  3. vadersson Trainee Engineer

I recently set up some defence turrets inside and shortened the range so the would not try and shoot anything outside the door. I was concerned them might target something too far away and destroy the door.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Zoladen Apprentice Engineer

Conservation of ammo. Turrets are less accurate at longer ranges.

You could also stagger the lock on for multiple attackers. It kind of goes with what Neotician was saying. If a small, quick target came into range and hung out far away drawing all the fire, any other target that comes in could fly right up to you and start disassembling your base/ship/whatever at their leisure.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mollymawk Trainee Engineer

Thanks guys , very interesting, I only use them to swat npcs I forget how trixy you pvp guys can be.. I've not gone on a multipayer server yet

6. Xelo Trainee Engineer

I once used gattlings as a defense only against meteorites and I reduced the range significantly, so the gattlings could concentrate on these meteorites which went down really close.
    This saved also a huge ammount of ammonition.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.