Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Wiki? Gamepedia?

Discussion in 'General' started by ZZTong, Dec 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. ZZTong Trainee Engineer

There's a Medieval Engineers Wiki at Gamepedia...

http://medievalengineers.gamepedia.com/Medieval_Engineers_Wiki

... and its kind of empty. I made a campfire page and added the food recipes, but this had me thinking maybe I should check here and see if anyone is setting this Wiki up? I don't want to go in and make a mess of things. I don't even really know much about how these get organized. But as I figure out parts of the game, I don't mind doing some page updates.

I'm new to this community, and well, any advice is appreciated.

Maybe there's a different wiki that folks use?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Taemien Apprentice Engineer

There is another one, but no one uses it either:

http://medievalengineers.wikia.com/wiki/Medieval_Engineers_Wiki

All information in ME is done by word of mouth across Reddit, Steam Community, YouTube, and these forums. So if you start updating that wiki you listed, you'll exponentially make more information available for everyone outside those forms I listed.

3. ZZTong Trainee Engineer

There appears to be a domain name and URL for an official Wiki...

http://www.medievalengineerswiki.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

... but it has no content.

Domain Name: medievalengineerswiki.com
    Registry Domain ID: 1886724531_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
    Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.ascio.com
    Registrar URL: http://www.ascio.com
    Updated Date: 2016-11-23T00:30:18Z
    Creation Date: 2014-11-22T15:18:40Z
    Domain Status: OK
    Registry Registrant ID:
    Registrant Name: Marek Rosa
    Registrant Organization: Keen Software House

4. Deepflame Apprentice Engineer

We recently started working on getting a wiki set up that people can contribute to, as well as act as a platform for us to post modding guides etc. :) But we're not quite there yet!

• Like Like x 6
  5. ZZTong Trainee Engineer

Awesome. I'll stay tuned.

6. Arturo Cofresi Trainee Engineer

Yeah we need a wiki with updated content. Tried searching medieval engineers claim block tax payment and not even in this forums could I find a list of what it takes, its all complaints about other blocks and stuff not relevant to my search, google just points me to steam, the dev block or the wikia or gamepedia, which has nothing in it about it. Top of that list its just an Ad about tax payment which sux hard

My eyes hurt from checking the useless pages and my engineer died from starvation while I searched for a list of stuff to pay them taxes. Its a pain to pay a bundle at a time and every time asking if I really want to pay with what I selected, its almost as bad as RL tax paying, not fun. So yeah put a list out there thats easy to find, reddit doesn't even show on proper searches, just saying

7. Sanfard Apprentice Engineer

[​IMG]

8. SaturaxCZ Senior Engineer

Roast Meat < Salad + Mushroom Soup ? :p Who is vegetarian ?

But seriosly, this numbers are totaly unbalanced, when you consider time you spend on it... for example: on searching iron... and iron ore is 40 ? and Log is 60 ? when you can see trees on kilometers and get 300 time from one tree ?
    For this reason is beter leave balancing of materials on later date + its just extra work for developers create it now and update it again and again later with every 2-5 updates.

9. Arturo Cofresi Trainee Engineer

Sweet thanks for that list, my google-fu has become weak. I do agree some stuff is a bit unbalanced but its ok, we do not want to overwork the devs on this. I'll stick to paying with shroom and berries stacks at the beginning (easy to collect and stacks in large quantities) and goulash later on once my farming is going. Carrying a bunch of stone is a bit of a pain, so is logs and timber, paying with iron tools and ammo for siege engines would make sense in a feudal society, but they can add that much later, happy as it is now. 10 hours for 30 berries and 12:30 for 30 mushrooms, not bad.

10. Frostik Apprentice Engineer

11. Deepflame Apprentice Engineer

We've launched our official wiki now, and we're slowly adding content to it. :) You guys can help out if you like, just register an account and edit away. Chuck made some templates for data, and the guys on discord are trying to set up some kind of organizational structure on the community side of things. In the mean time, we will continue updating it with stuff as time goes on.

You can find it at http://www.medievalengineerswiki.com

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.