Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

will this work on Mac?

Discussion in 'General' started by pyr0kid, Sep 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. pyr0kid Trainee Engineer

Hoping this will work on Mac OS 10 leopard. Looks similar but better than my favorite game, Starmade. Will it be free to play? If not, what is the predicted cost?

2. Darsha Trainee Engineer

I have a feeling that it will be Windows only, if their previous game is any evidence. Also "woot" another starmade fan.

3. TheBird956 Trainee Engineer

I also played Starmade a bit, but thats not the topic :p

I really doubt it will be available for Mac.

I would recommend you to switch to Windows as soon as you can, because, in my opinion, Macs are not made to play games. They may have the physical requirement, but you cannot upgrade your computer, there is not even half of the games on pc that works with Mac and to buy one, you have to sell your right arm to the devil to buy one (well, if you are a women, any of the two arms would work)

4. Nacon Junior Engineer

Miner War: Arena is available for Mac platform. Not really much of a evidence. Even though it's a new engine, so who knows?

5. Battleunit Trainee Engineer

It is getting harder and harder for developers to leave the Mac platform off of their development roster. While the Mac audience represents around 18% of the buying public according to the last Simmons Guide poll (less if you follow Internet surveys, because so many people browse the Internet from work with work based PCs), the average Mac user is demographically hard to ignore. With the Windows market tanking hard the only user growth has been for a number of years in the MacOS market space and games such as Minecraft proved that a Mac version is a significant source of income.

That said a small company with a private engine may simply skip Mac development for a number of reasons. However, I would not count out Macs just yet.

6. Lycinus Trainee Engineer

True, but this game has a small team and not a lot of money if i'm not mistaking. So imo macs wont see that game tomorrow. Maybe later?

7. jstylen Trainee Engineer

Linux?

8. Lockheed Trainee Engineer

I really hope that this is coming to Mac!

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.