Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[WIP] Space station and military fighter

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by Arcanine, Oct 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Arcanine Trainee Engineer

I've recently been working on creating a big military station with docking ports and landing pads. I've made 2 small fighters and I'm working on making a bigger ship for one of the docking ports and adding more detail (Windows and turret trenches) to the station. . Let me know what you guys think, or what I can improve on!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Balmung Senior Engineer

Looks nice, but I think the Station needs some more Detail work, locks too "empty" "clean". A little bit (not too much) Color could help here. ^^

3. Russkov Trainee Engineer

i really like the hangar ! As Balmung said, more detail would be nice.

4. Fox Apprentice Engineer

The outside is very clinical. Maybe add abother colour or put some clutter on the hull.

Inside looks nice. Toss some crates up against the walls for starters.

Nice work:)

5. Arcanine Trainee Engineer

Thanks for all the feedback! The plan is to currently add more detail to the outside. I've only got the basic structure set up so far. As for colour, I hadn't even thought about that. Not sure what I should do with the colour, but thanks for mentioning it! And yeah, crates would look cool too. :)

6. Balmung Senior Engineer

At Colors: at the most time the rule is the best: less is more, means didn't use too much different Colors and color not too much.

With black, gray and white you could do many neutral thinks, red/yellow are good as warning color, blue have more a cold friendly look. Or you could see the colors different, red for security sections, yellow for engineer like Engine Room, blue for medical (the typical star trek team colors ;) ). I think with that all in mind it's easier to find the right colors.

It also helps to use Googles Image Search.

With wrong colors the best Design on Earth could look totally ugly. ^^

7. Arcanine Trainee Engineer

Okay, so I've taken on board some suggestions, as well as continuing to build it as planned. I've made some progress with it. Added new structures, more detail and crates in the hangar. I still have a whole lot to do before it's finished, and I'm going to save the colours until last.

Here's the updated station.

http://imgur.com/a/ChycS#QseHXJR

8. Lunov Trainee Engineer

The cargo space is awesome.

9. Balmung Senior Engineer

Yeah, much better now. :)

10. Arcanine Trainee Engineer

here's another little update. I've yet to add anything else to the station yet (Including paint, I know) but I have however made my first cargo hauler and docked it to the station. Here it is.
    http://imgur.com/a/M7IkZ

11. Arcanine Trainee Engineer

Here's another update. Probably the next to final update, I'm almost finished!
    http://imgur.com/a/DhPaQ Here's a picture of the space station painted. I'm still working on it but I think it looks way better than before. I also added an internal elevator to the ship. I used RedPhoenix's custom background too, and I think it looks way nicer because of it. You can download it here if you want to try it.

12. OMGTheMuffinMan Moderator

I like your design on the fighters!

13. Arcanine Trainee Engineer

Thank you! I'm hoping to use a similar design when I build my super-carrier after I've finished the station.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.