Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[WIP] The Vozmozhniy ("Possible") Class Frigate

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by Deep, Mar 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Deep Trainee Engineer

This is a sneak preview at my guided missile frigate, the Vozmozhniy Prototype.

Technical Specifications:
    • Armor: Varies from light for unimportant components to light-heavy-blastdoor for critical components.
    • Mass: 4,500 tons and climbing. A possible pre-release revision of the mass will see it lowered. Modern naval frigates typically weight from 3,500 to 5,000 tons.
    • Primary Weapons: 8 "Emerald" anti-ship missiles with an 8 km range
    • Secondary Weapons: 8 "Iskra" ship-air missiles with a 4.5 km range
    • Tertiary Weapons: 200 mm rocket launcher (vanilla) or 105 mm dual barrel cannon (modded)
    • CIWS:
      • 6 20 mm gatling turrets (vanilla) or 6 40 mm flak turrets with 4000 m range (modded)
      • 6 20mm 6-gatling rotor turrets (vanilla) or 6 single GSh 30mm gatling rotor turrets with 3000 m range (modded)
      • 2 Hoplon-BE systems with 12 gatling guns and 2 rocket launchers (vanilla) or 2 Hoplon-B systems with 2 GSh guns, 3000 m range, and 2 rocket launchers (modded)... Modded version is pending update to replace rockets
      • Another gatling turret (vanilla) or 30/40 mm cannon (modded)
      • Possible additions pending, thinking about interior turrets for rocket defense
    • Propulsion: 2 jump drives, hydrogen engines with 4 large / 11 small H2 thrusters for forward acceleration. Capable of landing on planets.

The Vozmozhniy is an air and space ship designed to fight in high orbit. It will utterly destroy most targets it encounters (for now... Hehehe) and can outrun or hide from most other targets, using its hydrogen and gravity propulsion systems or descending into a friendlier atmospheric environment. Its jump drives are also intended to let it engage and disengage at will through the use of tactical short-range jumps. Most Space Engineers ships can only engage at roughly 800 m while the Vozmozhniy's main missiles are effective at ten times that range (and theoretically further).

The Vozmozhniy is designed as a theoretical ship for a fictional Russian Aerospace Navy in 2119 and so is based heavily on modern Russian naval philosophies but also strongly incorporates the newest developments in other spheres of the Russian Armed Forces today.

For example, the general "loadout" of the Vozmozhniy is similar to Russian guided frigates today, but the Vozmozhniy also reflects the increasing Russian focus on close-in defense both in and out of the naval sphere. Instead of having 2-3 CIWS guns like modern Russian ships have, it has 14 (3d environments change things). As another example, the Combat Information Center of the Vozmozhniy is the most heavily armored part of the ship, so that the crew can survive almost no matter what, similar to the design philosophy behind the T-14 Armata Tank's armored crew capsule.

In addition to being a hard hitter, the Vozmozhniy is also prioritizing crew awareness to a degree I haven't seen any other Space Engineers ship do (not saying they don't exist, I just haven't seen any). The ship will be fully usable in 1st person and most of the ship's important information is displayed on a series of LCDs.

Lastly, the Vozmozhniy is not yet completed and many more changes and features will make their way into the design before I post it on the workshop... Likely within a couple of weeks. In the meantime, I am releasing individual subsystems of this vessel, intuitively designed for easy integration for anybody who wishes to use them. Get your merge blocks ready!

Following the release of the Vozmozhniy, I will work on a NATO counter-weight to this Russian ship. My hope is to eventually release an entire series of very advanced ships tailored to a fictional 2119 world.

So, let me know what you think! Did you find something interesting or maybe you have a suggestion? Or perhaps you can show me a worthy contender to the Vozmozhniy? I look forward to hearing from you.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.