Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

WIP - trying to recreate tank flak-tracks (many pictures)

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by J-Cataclism, Mar 14, 2019.

1. J-Cataclism Trainee Engineer

And still I try!
    But no practical results...

I have been trying to recreate that tank-track wheels in one of the background videos, but the stuff doesn´t cooperate!
    I´ve spent a lot of time trying to figure out some kind of contraption.
    I´m pretty sure this last one could really work, but the big issue is about the tracks themselves...
    How did they make a "flexible" track?
    I tried SO MANY different things... the problem seems to be the same: there is no way to keep the parts together (whatever they are) if you want flexibility.
    The closer I´ve came was to build a full square track with rotors and their loose parts, and then to close them with a fix built.
    But, at the time I separate´em from the main vessel, they fall apart.
    I think they have probably created a bunch of script lines to keep aligning and/or welding the parts together, or even some custom model for it.
    Oh, doubt!
    At this point, it looks like some kind of harvester (maybe for Medieval Engineers?) or a mine-cleaner wartank.
    In the final pictures, the brown rotors are the dull, regular one; the red don´t have heads; and the yellow ones are those which actually work for traction (torque and velocity).

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

3. J-Cataclism Trainee Engineer

...Mojoman.... as usual, you gave THE tip! ;-)

(y)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

@J-Cataclism yeah I should get a life, lol! Just glad I was able to offer a viable suggestion.

• Like Like x 1