Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Xerxes L-MK-1 Fighter

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by Crewman87, Aug 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Crewman87 Apprentice Engineer

Hello all,
    Here is a fighter designed using the various mods available. Thank you to the modders for these additions.
    Steam Workshop link - Includes more images.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=302773486

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Enjoy.

2. propagandawar Apprentice Engineer

I like that fighter a lot. I will be posting one of my light fighters tonight.

3. Leon026 Apprentice Engineer

Looks quite good, what's its weight?

4. Crewman87 Apprentice Engineer

It's weight is 96,839 Kg. It isn't the most agile fighter in the universe, but this is the version one of it's design. I do plan on doing a MK-2 soon with revisions to its weight.
    Also thank you for the comments! :thumb:

5. Leon026 Apprentice Engineer

Definitely looking forward to version 2 - also I wasnt aware you had small lights available for fighters :eek:ops:

6. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin Senior Engineer

Oh my, that looks very nice. I'm not very familiar with the mods out there, so I have to ask: are the two blocks on either side of the forward spotlight cannons of some sort?

7. Crewman87 Apprentice Engineer

They are Embershard's Semi-complete Rail guns. Currently they fire like gatling guns. I assume he will fix that later if we can ever make custom weapons. Also Thanks!

8. Crewman87 Apprentice Engineer

--RESERVING SPOT--
    L-MK-2 -- WIP

9. Crewman87 Apprentice Engineer

I hate to bump my own thread, especially with a triple post, however I would like to know if anyone is still having issues with the download regarding the small ship lights?
    I only ask as I am debating using them on the MK-2 version.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. GladiatorTech Trainee Engineer

I really like the design. I also like how smooth it is. However, is it good at fighting against other fighters? Keep up the good work :)

11. Dequire Apprentice Engineer

...This is cool as s**t and reminds me of the days of old space shooters.

Dequire approves of this ship.

12. Crewman87 Apprentice Engineer

Thanks again guys!
    @Gladiator
    It has been rigorously tested in pvp scenarios. It's opponent was a much smaller, faster fighter. The score was slightly in his favor, but that is because he was able to accelerate to higher velocity in a smaller time frame than what the Xerxes can. If I had to say it is pretty good at fighting in PvP, but it could be better. Mk-II is being designed around a lighter airframe and more speed. After that it should be able to go toe to toe with any fighter, granted the pilots own skills do influence the effectiveness.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.