Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

ZerbTech

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by Zerberus, Mar 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Zerberus Trainee Engineer

Note: Under Construction, I don't have so much time at the moment so there are missing some information for some ships.

Everything VANILLA!

My Workshop

[​IMG]
    ZerbTech is a small company split in two groups. The 'rusty' one and the 'modern' one. Both producce high quality ships but in different styles and prices. The RZT (Rusty ZerbTech) uses an industrial style with mainly 3 colours. Dark Gray, Light Gray and a Brown. They made some small ships and just 2 large. The MZT (Modern ZerbTech) was the first group to produce a ship. They're ships don't have such an industrial look but still use grinded blocks. Their main colours are Dark Gray and White.

MZT Ships:

The Elypso
    [​IMG]
    This is the first ship launched by ZerbTech. It is an mid size explorer, as big as the red ship.It was constructed before the goverment released the planet coordinates so it isnt able to enter the Atmosphere. But it comes with a small hangar, for which ZerbTech designed the Raptor Drone. There are 6 Cryo Pods, a med bay 2 Large Cargo Containers, 4 Jump Drives (3500km) and Refinery, Assembler O2 Systems. On the bridge there is an emergency exit installed, you gotta grind the 'Exit' LCD and open the door behind.

The Raptor:
    [​IMG]
    This is a small Hunter/Spy drone created to fit into the small hangar of the Elypso.

Evolant:
    [​IMG]
    This was launched after the Elypso when the companys knew that there will be a release of planet coordinates. It is equiped with 1 big hydrogen thruster facing downward so the MZT thought it could land on Planets. Unfortunaly they didn't do the math correctly because they watched a movie while constructing... It was planned to transport 1 cargo container connected at a merge block at the back and 2 Vehicles on top.
    [​IMG]

The Eisvogel:
    [​IMG]
    The Eisvogel was designed as a small but capable explorer. It is capable of functioning in a wide array of environments including planetary atmospheres. Although lacks the heavy lifting ability of large vessels, its Jump Drive makes it perfect as a interplanetary shuttle or long range scout. The Eisvogel is most commonly seen in the vicinity of moons with atmosphere, where it's thrust configuration works most efficiently, but are tales of sightings as far from Earth as the Oort cloud. Many contemporary explorers swear by their 'Vogels abilities, and it's combination of rock solid reliability and modest price tag have allowed Zerbtech to sell vast numbers of these rugged, dependable little ships.

RZT:

Eternity:

[​IMG]
    The Eternity is probably the most feature rich ship of ZerbTech. Pretty small but able to transport 400Tons into orbit (Inventory=realistic). It was produced for a founder of ZerbTech. [MORE INFORMATION WILL COME]
    Missles:
    [​IMG]

Jetpacks:
    Light Version:

[​IMG]
    The Light Jepack was designed to function as an exploration vehicle. It is perfect for that due to it's efficent flight. (It can hover 5-7 Days with 50Uranium per reactor!). It is not designed for thin atmosphere, for that there is the Heavy Jetpack. It has an other advantage, it can transport some cargo.

Heavy Version:
    [​IMG]
    The Heavy Jetpack was designed for visiting high orbit space stations, dropping from a troop transporter and invading stations. This version is Hybrid and better for mountains than the "Light Jetpack". Very small and very cheap. It is incredible efficent! It can hover for 5-7Days with 50 Uranium per reactors!

Note: You have to practice a bit with them. When you can fly with them, you can record beautiful Fly-bys over buggy's and landscapes.

The Speeders:

Colibri Speeder:
    [​IMG]
    The Colibri Speeder is incredible fast and manouverable so it was named after the most manouverable of all birds. The Colibri. Unfortunaly due to the high energy consuption of the thrusters, there will be an overload from time to time. This speeder comes equiped with 1 Solar Cell stored in 3 small cargo containers.

Beast Speeder:
    [​IMG]
    This Speeder is truly a beast :). If not filled with cargo its almost as manouverable as the Colibri. But it has some advantages, much more Cargo Space, 2 Passengers, connector and no overloads. This Speeder comes equiped with 2 Solar Cells grinden in their components and stored in 6 small cargo containers.

The Eagle:
    [​IMG]
    This is one of the best crafts made by Zerbtech. It is able to transport 40tons of cargo (Inventory=realistic) out of orbit of any planet or moon without hydrogen. It is also equiped with an constant solar cell, 2 reloadable rocket launchers and some gatlings + one turret.

The Hornet:
    [​IMG]
    This is a small drone produced by ZerbTech. It is pretty fast.

Stingray:
    [​IMG]
    Small Fighter, fast and manouverable.

Falcon:

[​IMG]
    Made to escape into space from a planet very quickly.

Work in Progress:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Interior Design

The Interior Design of MZT and RZT follows the same colour and light cheme. It uses orange lighting and a light orange colour mixed with some grey highlights. The Interior is also sometimes designed with many grinded Blocks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just in one room this wasn't used because at the bridge of the Elypso you can see the white colour of the exterieur.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
    • Like Like x 13
  2. tankmayvin Senior Engineer

Love your style! Just wish partially built blocks were workable in survival.

3. Zerberus Trainee Engineer

Ty :) , but what do you mean with 'workable' ? Do you mean buildable? Because building half finished blocks is very easy in survival.

4. LeonserGT Apprentice Engineer

Why? 90% of them are non-functional and even "partially built" state allow you to bring some desing in survival with minimal cost :p

5. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

Nice lineup

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. tankmayvin Senior Engineer

They generally won't stay half welded if you use something like an extrusion welder or similar to build the ship, so the aesthetic effect is somewhat lost unless you manually partially grind down the bits after. Which is a lot of work.

And then if you need to come in and repair adjacent blocks its easy to accidentally weld up the aesthetically incomplete blocks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. tankmayvin Senior Engineer

It's just very tough to keep them selectively un-welded in my experience.

8. Howitz Junior Engineer

Once again
    [​IMG]

9. SDragon42 Apprentice Engineer

Beautiful designs!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Zerberus Trainee Engineer

Ty :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. MisterSwift Apprentice Engineer

Everytime I see your designs I'm impressed at how you manage to use half-welded blocks :tu:

12. PyreStarite Junior Engineer

I have to say, those are some fancy pants ships right there.

13. Lt_Duckweed Apprentice Engineer

It's amazing how many different design philosophies you can have in a game like this. You seem to have a very active, texture based, industrial style, whereas I have a "Everything is an iPod in the future" style, with lots of soft corners and flat white surfaces.

PS. Gotta say, you have an excellent handle on partial blocks.

14. Zerberus Trainee Engineer

Ty :) Some half-welded blocks are ading so much to the design.

• Like Like x 1
  15. LeonserGT Apprentice Engineer

Oh, you meant when building these ships from blueprints and repairing them afterwards?

16. tankmayvin Senior Engineer

Yeah exactly!

17. MisterSwift Apprentice Engineer

I used to set the colour of blocks I want left unwelded to some colour I never use like magenta or pink. Then back in the good ol' days of SEToolbox, I'd just load up the world file, select all the pink blocks, and set their build state to 75%.

I wish there was some way in game to limit the build state to make using partial blocks easier. The partial versions of cube armor, catwalks, windows, even conveyers and wheels just add so many more options in making an interesting looking ship

18. Zerberus Trainee Engineer

That would be cool, but i gotta say that its pretty easy to get the models of grinded catwalks windows and armor. You just place the block and do nothing :) Its more complicated to get the wheel model with less resources as possible.

19. JD.Horx Senior Engineer

Your builds make me wish there was some kind of grid/structure block in SE that uses only like two metal plates.
    Oh and wonderful designs, keep it up!

20. Zerberus Trainee Engineer

Ty, will try my best :) Oh, and if you place an armor block or a catwalk in survival and you don't weld it, it will use just 1 steel plate/interior plate.

21. Zerberus Trainee Engineer

[​IMG]
    Released my small hybrid ship! Can act as a respawn Ship too. Vanilla as always :)
    Workshop - Eisvogel

• Like Like x 1
  22. The Churrosaur Junior Engineer

Your use of unwelded blocks and lighting is phenomenal. Your ships really evoke this sexy "clean industrial" look that totally fits with the aesthetic of vanilla SE.

Edit: I think your image link for the Eisvogel is broken

23. Zerberus Trainee Engineer

24. The Churrosaur Junior Engineer

Yup. Fixed now. Strange.

25. Zerberus Trainee Engineer

Added another Ship to the WIPs, a cargo ship/hydrogen tanker.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  26. Swanicus Apprentice Engineer

Ok, so that looks pretty awesome
    Well done. I'm excited to see more of it.

27. Zerberus Trainee Engineer

Hybrid Jetpack :D Small Random Project
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  28. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

Hard to imagine that thing needs 2 gyro!

29. Zerberus Trainee Engineer

Oh, it doesn't "need" two, but the roll is much faster with 2 :)

30. Zerberus Trainee Engineer

Update on the Jetpacks:
    I built 2 Versions, 1 light atmospheric only one (left) which can transport a bit of cargo and a heavy hybrid Version (right) which can go into Space. These are really fun to fly and easy to make, they also can fly at full throttle for 7Days!! (With 50Uranium per reactor). They fly so smooth, they are perfect for recording a buggy driving or flying over a beautiful landscape. I'll release them to the WS if you'd like to see them there
    :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.